Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't realize how much attraction this car would get from people who like to race.
I don't like racing; I just like accelerating decently quick sometimes.
Not even 600 miles and a Civic Si, Mustang V6, Audi A4, Genesis Coupe 2.0T, and a VW GTI have come along beside me and would cruise alongside and start revving and pace along with me.
Of course, I just ignored all of them and kept going (some kept following).
Now I sense more attraction once I start tuning.
All I can say is, it feels good and I still have no idea how fast/slow my car is compared to all the other competition out there.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've gotten the same response, but I'm not a racer.
I would consider tracking this car one day but street racers deserve to be hit in the face with the brick of justice.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've gotten a few looks but no pacing or race offers.

A lot of that is because where i'm at in Atlanta I'm surrounded by a lot of nice new cars and either I'm on congested streets or big highways where you can drive fast during rush hour.

But I didn't buy the VT to race anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I don't think the Genesis Coupe wanted to race you, I pace genesis coupes for as long as a i can but were not trying to race. its just bad ass to see two awesome cars right next to each other

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The Genesis Coupe was the first car that made me respect Hyundai. It was and still is too small and coupe-y for me to buy one for a daily driver.

That's why I was so surprised when Hyundai brought out the VT because on the surface it is so similar to the Genesis Coupe. But it fits nicely in to the niche of a more affordable, roomy and practical sports car. Being a FWD hatch it also appeals to the tuner crowd - maybe more than the GC does.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The Genesis Coupe was the first car that made me respect Hyundai. It was and still is too small and coupe-y for me to buy one for a daily driver.

That's why I was so surprised when Hyundai brought out the VT because on the surface it is so similar to the Genesis Coupe. But it fits nicely in to the niche of a more affordable, roomy and practical sports car. Being a FWD hatch it also appeals to the tuner crowd - maybe more than the GC does.
Yeah... I wish they'd throw the GC engine in here. That'd make it perfect.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had a guy in a Z06 pace me today on the way to work, then he gave me thumbs up and dropped back. I get that a lot, people just pacing to check out the car. Must be the MG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.