Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Vt's
I have a 2016 turbo rally Veloster I have a few concerns about a bob set up and am totally sorry if this has mentioned before.
I have recently just installed an AEM cold air intake and am looking to install a blow off valve.
I want to install a Tial q 50 mm I've provided screenshots of everything that I am buying.
I am currently not on any tune and was wondering how exactly to go about running the vacuum line so that I don't run into any pesky cel codes.
I have done my research but need some assurance weather to run the Tial off of a vacuum block and if so how would I go about doing this
My last question is what spring I should get in order to run the Tial q at its maximum efficiency without a tune I've looked up the number for idle vacuum and it looks like the spring that I should be running is the plain spring which is
for when the vacuum at idle is -16in/hg to -19in/hg and it is -10 psi spring
any information on this would be amazing I've seen other people with other applications but they are running the VT with a tune and more boost!
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.22.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.23.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.24.54 PM.png

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Vacuum line hookup would be same as the OEM. Or connect vacuum line from a good vacuum source after the throttle body.

How do you plan to run the BOV? The pipe and couplers/clamps I do not think will work too well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im a dummy I forgot to put a 45 degree elbow instead of a straight coupler so I changed that and then it should work ive been seeing that most people have issues with using the hem vacuum line as it doesn't provide an accurate reading ?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Im a dummy I forgot to put a 45 degree elbow instead of a straight coupler so I changed that and then it should work ive been seeing that most people have issues with using the hem vacuum line as it doesn't provide an accurate reading ?
Last part does not make sense to me.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last part does not make sense to me.....
Sorry about that I meant to say throttle body I’ve heard that if you use the stock vacuum line from the boost solenoid it has issues without providing true and accurate vacuum reading to allow the bov to work properly?
Is this true?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The integrated vacuum tank does not provide enough vacuum at times for some valves that may be tight/poorly maintained/poorly made or have the wrong spring tension in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts