Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help Veloster forums

I have had the joy of throwing in a Tial q 50mm bov on my 2016 turbo rally Veloster

I just wanted to make a little diy because I’ve searched up and down the forums about how to Instal a Tial q specifically but only fine synapse bov hks style and all that.

I did make my own cold pipe for the intercooler to throttle body and majority of the vendors on this site have a cold pipe upgrade kit that allows you to mount the bov to the cold pipe but I decided I didn’t want to spend all that money so I decided to make my own and this is how I did it

-1x bov block off plate for stock bov
-1x 2.0 inch hose clamp
-3x 2.5 inch hose clamps
-1x 2.0 inch to 2.5 inch coupler
-1x 2.5 inch 45 degree coupler
-1x 2.5 inch 6 inches long t pipe (With respective bov flange to the one you’re installing).

I grabbed majority of this stuff on mishimoto’s website and then the t pipe off of eBay

Throttle body diameter is 2.5 inches
Intercooler is 2.0 in diameter

You will have to cut both of the hoses down to fit that was the most anoying thing to do test fitting is your friend

Now onto the blow off valve as said above I went with a Tial Q 50mm BOV I went with an authentic one off of eBay from a reliable vendor and you’re going to need a few things to make the Tial work properly with no check engine you will need to buy a throttle body vacuum block the vendors also sell this as well and then I went with a plain spring in the Tial q this is the one that did it for my car I tried a total of three the white one the yellow one and they made it to where the car fluttered and didn’t open the bov at all and to where the bov stayed open indefinitely
the plain one opens up perfectly and still offers a little bit of flutter which is the most satisfying sound of a turbo car I think

this is what worked for my setup it might not work for yours depending on your power levels the only other thing I have as of now other than the blow off valve is a AEM cold air intake with my boost I run about -10.9 vacuum when the throttle body closes I have an UltraGauge that gives me my boost pressure it plugs into my obd2 reader port and I use this as a way of monitoring the car.

the way that I have the vacuum line is as follows the bov vaccum port will go from the bov to the throttle body vacuum block

the stock bov vacuum line that runs off the top of the boost solenoid I capped and then I left the other line that goes to the intercooler in place
And the bov goes on the t pipe

I hope that is enough information I’ve laid it out as good as I could if you have any questions or need any information or clarification I can help

thank you and hope this helps!
If you want to follow my Instagram to follow my build page!
@travs_vt

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
So you bypassed the solenoid from controlling the BOV? Hopefully your install is code free and leak free. Good job on the DIY. Have any close up pics of the cold pipe and BOV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you bypassed the solenoid from controlling the BOV? Hopefully your install is code free and leak free. Good job on the DIY. Have any close up pics of the cold pipe and BOV?
Yes I did bypass the solenoid from controlling the bov and my install is code free as of now and I’ve had the plain spring in for about a week and absolutely no codes not even pending codes so that’s why I set up the diy I will get the pictures tomorrow it’s dark and late where I’m from!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a picture of the cold pipe with the bov on it
And a picture of my vacuum block!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
cool! Wild looking hose color!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts