Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title explains I recently test drove a 2016 Veloster, the dealership was convinced it was a "Turbo" but on my second visit back I got them to make sure and sure enough they were wrong. It was a Veloster Tech DCT and there was only one turbo left that the dealership knew about and the chances it would be exactly what I'd want was pretty slim so I wouldn't bother trying to have it shipped in.

I'm in the market for a sporty hatchback, I currently drive a 2012 Ford Fiesta sedan and wanted something more that I could enjoy. I have already tried the Focus ST and the Veloster, for me personally the Veloster seemed like a better fit.

I'm at a toss up between a Veloster Turbo and the rally edition. I do like the Panoramic Sunroof, but the interior in the rally edition looks more appealing and sadly a sunroof wasn't a feature on the 2016 model. I live in Atlantic Canada and I'm concerned about the sunroof in the winter, never had a car with one so I'm unsure if theres any difference.

I suppose I'm trying to weigh what will sell better after the car is paid off if I decide to sell. The sportier rally edition which is manual only, or a DCT with the panoramic sunroof.

Seems like I have a few months to decide since the new models aren't out yet.

Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
377 Posts
To my knowledge the Rally Edition was 2016 only, and will not be reproduced. You would have to find one used, though a few rare new ones have popped up.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I would have looked at the front grill to determine if it's a turbo or not.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
cuz warranty! & yea what @rspec2014 said, DITCH THAT DEALER

·
Registered
446 Posts
dude that dealer seems hella sketchy. Avoid them..... that being said I love my rally edition, but yes if you care about reselling it later on I would avoid Hyundai in general unfortunately.

·
Registered
143 Posts
At least find another sales guy, Rally Edition will be hard to find new. I got mine new July 2016 and after transport it had 571 on the clock (ugh, but cheaper than a trailer by far).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Check your headroom, I got the Rally since I don't fit in a tech package due to the sunroof

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would have looked at the front grill to determine if it's a turbo or not.
Yeah thats pretty much what I did, told them unless theres a model out there that I didn't know about this wasn't a turbo. Seats, rims and well the drive didn't seem to match up. I never noticed the Grill until after I went back.

I didn't have any interest in buying that car anyways it was just to get an idea of what the drive would be like. I would order one in anyways just not sure which trim I'm looking at.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At least find another sales guy, Rally Edition will be hard to find new. I got mine new July 2016 and after transport it had 571 on the clock (ugh, but cheaper than a trailer by far).
Ouch that sucks, I'm being very particular with my next purchase. I want less than 10km on mine when I sign for it. Never really did a proper break in for a car yet so I really want that experience.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Auto Trader shows a few Rally Editions scattered around Canada. Currently a new one at a Brantford, Ontario dealer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Buy one used, avoid the depreciation cliff and then trade in on a 2018.
Ditto. The used market is lousy with VTs left and right at stupid good prices.

But honestly, skip buying the VT altogether, really. I know that you quite like the VT, but I assume that your Ford Fiesta has a few more miles in it to serve you dutifully until the next gen Veloster comes to market (2018, probably). And that Veloster is more than likely going to be much, much better than this current gen VT.

Whatever you do, FOR SURE get a used one (The 2018 one will be hard to nab used on it's first year, of course).

·
Registered
866 Posts
These things have shit resale value. I picked my 2016 (see sig for details on my ride) up a few months back with just shy of 4k miles for 18k. I've heard of better deals than that as well. That said.... the 2018 may still be the same old body style. Given the time of year it is now, it may not be until 2019 before the Gen2 Veloster.

Now here is my .02... Never buy the first year (and sometimes even the second year) of a new or redesigned model as they often have problems and kinks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Now here is my .02... Never buy the first year (and sometimes even the second year) of a new or redesigned model as they often have problems and kinks.
Unless its a Hyundai with a sick ass warranty. Lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
2a252085892a9789e8d657c7117bc1be01f5d73c77c31296e4ab79555767c0c9.jpg

P.S. I do love my car....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I totally got sucked in by zero percent financing on mine. I knew I'd be borrowing the money, and it made buying new seem attractive.

Still hard to see a new Rally already listed for about $10k less than I paid.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts