Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello yall! So I have been very eager to look into/learn about the Tork Tunes for 2014 VT MT.

I see that they have a boost building launch control or "launch rev limiter" - what would you recommend setting at for optimal boost build without going overboard?

secondly.... can anyone tell me if a stage 1 ecu tune is better/same/worse vs just purchasing the Tork OBD flashing kit hard/software?

Thanks!!!!

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,428 Posts
The rpm for launch can vary greatly based on the car setup and surface you're on and atmospheric conditions.

The tune going in the car regardless of spare ecu or flash to the oem ecu can be the same. Cost difference will be in if you're buying the flashing equipment or not.

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang it TRD! why cant you just lie to me and tell me what to choose ;)

I totally agree with what your saying... which is why it has been such a tough decision!!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
281 Posts
On the point of the tune vs the hardware.
You're going to need the hardware either way. Buy or rent, doesn't matter. I bought mine as I've needed to change the tune a few times for updates.

You're also going to need someone to tune it. Whether it be tork, qwiktyme, or sxth. You can't tune the car yourself, the software is just for burning the tune to the car.

Your real decision is just who you want to work with.

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the point of the tune vs the hardware.
You're going to need the hardware either way. Buy or rent, doesn't matter. I bought mine as I've needed to change the tune a few times for updates.

You're also going to need someone to tune it. Whether it be tork, qwiktyme, or sxth. You can't tune the car yourself, the software is just for burning the tune to the car.

Your real decision is just who you want to work with.
Thank you!! I appreciate the insight 🙌

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,428 Posts
To clarify, if using launch control to help launch the car, 3k rpm may work good on one surface but not another, better on a certain tire/wheel/suspension setup but not another, may work good at 80°F ambient but not 50°F ambient etc. Also how the launch control is setup can play a role bigger than just the rpm alone. Such as the power it makes at that point and if and how long power onset is delayed after the car starts moving, etc. Much more than just rpm involved here. What do I know though as I'm just over here tuning functional traction control into cars meant to help cut down times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts