Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What is the "HPFP"? I can't hear anything that seems "out of whack" to me......but me hearing "ain't" what it used to be either!

FORGET DAT: has to mean High Pressure Fuel Pump.....my BAD!!!

Reactions: markellos

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe that's what a high pressure fuel pump sound with the upgraded (larger in diameter) fuel line? I was hoping someone who's using the same fuel line to tell if the increased sound is normal.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I have an upgrade fuel line--not the same one as you, but I have the same sound you do since replacing it, and it was replaced 10K miles ago. :) I mostly hear it at start-up or at idle.

Reactions: markellos

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
good to hear that. :rolleyes:
while driving can you hear the sound when revs are falling / lower rpms? ( i believe i can hear it more because i have a quiet stock exhaust also)
I don't recall, but it's possible. While I'm driving tomorrow, I'll pay close attention and let you know :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you have the engine cover put back on? I noticed mine is loud as hell since I've taken mine off if I put it back on it 1000times quieter
yes it does make difference but still - i drove 40 km today and i can hear it inside the cabin a bit - who knows, maybe thats how it is. will check again the line not touching anything that causes vibration but i doubt its that

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I have an upgrade fuel line--not the same one as you, but I have the same sound you do since replacing it, and it was replaced 10K miles ago. :) I mostly hear it at start-up or at idle.
Yes I am glad you noticed this. It makes no sense as to why because the fuel line is only 1mm bigger, and less restrictive. I have also heard of some of the Di Volkswagens doing this same thing when low pressure side is upgraded. Just got some data logs from another customer yesterday that upgraded his line, not only did it feel smoother power wise fuel pressure mas much more stable

·
Registered
232 Posts
after replacing the fuel line has anyone notice a ruff idle.....my car idle fine for a little while then it feels like it skips a beat every so often....im not sure if the ecu is trying to adjust to more fuel or if that is normal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts