Veloster Turbo Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
A "Tuning" solution would consist a neatly packaged, professient, clean code, and a neatly packaged, easily handled, but yet rugged hardware package that "anyone" can use....and or parts of it..

Not some one-sided opinion of those who can "physically " tune the platform with "commercially" available software/ hardware packages. ..

If one clearly studies the post's from both "tuners" and the amateurs, and or fakes, there are such similar senerio's in which makes up for at the very least 80 percent of the population of the "tuned" group.

Most will never know how this ecu thinks, it is way more complicated tham.one would think.

And without the proper data...ie o.e files, it would be impossible to understand how the calculations work....

Never mind that, from what I have seen and studied, most tunes are missing critical changes in which "modes" this ecu works on...that's all I have to say about that..
Shameless...

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I literally laughed out loud when I read this, not taking sides. Just thought that was hilarious.
When you live in the world or car modders you find that one out of a million. The customer in the line at Wendy's or McDonalds, that complains the onion's were not evenly spread out on his burger. Well, in the car mod world we get those customers that are even more so difficult.

Here is a great example. Customer places an order on Friday at 11pm, files a Paypal claim on Tuesday at 9AM because he didn't get an email and he didn't get a tracking number. We were not open Saturday or Sunday, and Monday was a holiday. Or, the customer that places an order on Monday, and calls Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday before 10AM (when we open) and files a claim with his card company that we didn't ship the part nor are we picking up the phone. When we actually already sent the part, sent him tracking information and the part arrived on Thursday, lol.

You have no idea how often this happens. I will say it again (not trying to be rude), we simply will not deal with difficult customers. The "entitled" customer that for some reason thinks they are owed more than the next customer. Is it a horrible business practice, yes. What I have learned over the years is that the more difficult a customer is, the worst the review will be. Even if we have met every single one of his demands, got the parts out to him right away, tracking numbers, emails, and phone calls were answered in an expedient fashion. There are just those customers, we don't want. Again, is it a horrible business practice? Yes, we simply don't have the man power to hold a persons hand threw an entire process from start to finish.

Last, I am not responsible for what the post office, FedEx, UPS, ect do with your package. I don't think we have had a damaged product in a very long time. But lost packages, we have insurance on them for a reason... to protect the customer. You wouldn't believe how many times I have had customers tell me I need to find their package. I didn't loose it, and I cannot call the post office and pretend to be you (customer). The customer needs to go down to the post office or call them to have them find "their" package.

There are times when we upset the customer, and things are simply out of our control. This is part of business and we accept that customers are going to get upset, but there is a small few... we simply refuse to deal with.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Reactions: harp55

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I read some of this and skimmed most of it. I've seen enough of this stuff historically between forum and Facebook to know that John writes aggressively inferred regardless of intent. I honestly can't imagine being a small vendor trudging through multiple markets and trying to "first" many of them. There will be good and there will be bad with this kind of stuff.

I feel bad that these things have to escalate to public forum to get resolved bc it doesn't do anyone any good.

From my vantage point I can tell that since the dart became the new thing our innovation more or less reduced to a simmer. I'm sure there will be similar good and bad over there too.

I feel for vendors too. Because this is my first car forum but I've heard and read plenty of threads to know the performance community has plenty of good and bad even to extremes. Those people can ruin these environment and ultimately vendor interest. While I do not wholly believe in "customer is always right" because I mean they aren't always right.

Anyway I'm drinking right now and I'm tired of typing. You guys get my point. I've met John and have several products. Should someone maybe review what he writes before he sends it out? Maybe. But he is a good guy. I've learned to read his words in less aggressive tones.

·
Registered
35 Posts
First off, from what I've seen this thread has been up for a hot minute. Secondly, you were straight up professional through, and through.
I picked up my 2016 VT-M/T earlier this month, and just knowing that quite a few people are having this much trouble in receiving reliable ECU tunes stage 0-1k has me pretty nervous as to whether I want to even consider doing so, don't get me wrong it's beneficial to the car enthusiast by far but that is such a headache.
Sorry to hear you went through hell and back just to sort things out man, hope all is well now.

P.S.

Have you heard anything back since that time ?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
First off, from what I've seen this thread has been up for a hot minute. Secondly, you were straight up professional through, and through.
I picked up my 2016 VT-M/T earlier this month, and just knowing that quite a few people are having this much trouble in receiving reliable ECU tunes stage 0-1k has me pretty nervous as to whether I want to even consider doing so, don't get me wrong it's beneficial to the car enthusiast by far but that is such a headache.
Sorry to hear you went through hell and back just to sort things out man, hope all is well now.

P.S.

Despite what you've read the tunes are good. The DCT has been a bit of a problem but most of the issues have been worked out. Customer interactions have been a bit rocky but they are improving. Tyson has gone to great lengths to improve the customer relations area.

Reactions: MrPalms

·
Registered
210 Posts
Despite what you've read the tunes are good. The DCT has been a bit of a problem but most of the issues have been worked out. Customer interactions have been a bit rocky but they are improving. Tyson has gone to great lengths to improve the customer relations area.
On the other hand, I don't think Knox ever did get his stock ECU back.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts

P.S.

what.jpg

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

P.S.

There have been zero issues with the M/T tunes, everyone loves them.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts