• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1046 Posts

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TORK IS NOW TAKING PAYMENTS!!!! We need at least 10 people to pay at least 1/2($250 deposit) for their tune NO LATER THAN 1 JAN 2015 to lock this in!!!!

Follow this link to make your deposit or full payment for your tune! Once you have made a deposit or paid in full please PM me with what you paid for so I can keep track of it here in the thread!!!

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/tork-motorsports/9768-payment-tuning-event.html

WE HAVE A DATE and a SHOP!!

Right now we are looking at Saturday, February 21st from 9am-6pm at Dyno Proven LLC in Lawrenceville, GA. If we exceed 10 people committed and paid we will extend this out to Friday the 20th as well to accommodate the extra people. This shop has a large dyno area, large parking lot so we can have a Hyundai/Kia meet and greet, and a shop that can be used to work on cars if needed. Right now we are looking at $75-100 per person tuned on top of the Tune price to rent this shop, that price will include food, drinks, and some other goodies we are working on to help commemorate the event so you leave with more than just a dyno sheet. Here are pictures of the shop: http://tinyurl.com/kgy3lk9

All Tunes must be paid to Tork Motorsports NLT Feb 1st 2015. Gina from Tork Motorsports will check in here shortly to setup how the payments to them will work. We will be looking for a deposit to them to show you are commited to the tune/dyno day with full payment due by FEB 1st. The deposits are important. If we get 10 deposits then this is a one day event. If we get 15 deposits then we have to book the dyno for a second day. Due to the logistics involved all deposits are due NLT JAN 1th. That way I can send out invoices for the dyno fees in the correct amount to cover the rental of the shop, food and drinks.

Dyno fees must be paid to me ASAP. THE FEE IS $75.

1. -X-: Custom Stage (Saturday Morning) Dyno Fee PAID! Exempt from Tune fee.
2. Carter213: Stage 1.5 (Saturday) Dyno Fee PAID!Tune Fully paid to TORK!
3. DIG_1868: Stage 1 (Saturday Morning) Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
4. alexpkeaton529: Stage 0 (Saturday Morning) Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
5. Danny (SlowVT Friend): Stage 1.5 (Friday or Saturday)Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
6. 13EliteVT: Stage 1.5 AT UPGRADE (Friday)Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
7. SlowVt: Stage 1.5 Dyno Fee PAID! Tune fully paid to TORK!
8. Mightymouse: Stage 1.5 Dyno Fee PAID! Tune fully paid to TORK!
9. HellHunter: Stage 1 (Friday or Saturday) Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
10. Twoazunt: Stage 1.5 (Friday) Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
11. wiggums: Stage 1 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
12. Manny Ham: Stage 1 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune deposit paid to TORK!
13. TommyGunn: Stage 1 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
14. Malgadar: DYNO ONLY Dyno Fee PAID!
15. bolts4brekfast: Stage 1.5 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
16. Yammyboy: Stage 1 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!
17. Grimmr: Stage 1 Dyno Fee PAID!Tune fully paid to TORK!

TUNE PRICING INFORMATION: (There will also be a $75-100 per tune surcharge for the Dyno Shop for rental of the dyno on top of the pricing below, once I have secured a dyno and have pricing I will post the exact amount.)

OK, dyno tuning day pricing is:

$500 for a dyno tune
$400 for a bench flash
$xxx for additional options
$200 for a tune update (stage upgrade, not basic tune revision)

Available options with tune:

1. $50; Top Speed, yes we have identified top speed so expect to see top speed options on the tune "sheet" when you order a tune.
2. $50; Throttle control, we are going to have standard (current offering), mild and aggressive. The standard is what we would call the "sweet spot" but for those that want more throttle input, it will be an option.
3. $50; Surge valve control, we have identified throttle and load tables that control the surge valve/diverter valve/blow off valve. That annoying "phft, pfht phft" going off all the time, not an issue.
4. $50; Idle control, testing this right now. We should have all the idle tables working before the end of the month/start of next month. Options will be 800, 900 or 1000 target idle limits.
5. $150; Launch control... I have personally been working hard to write a control file as to enable launch control. This will be your snorting, barking, flame belching option for those that don't have a catted downpipe.

Ok the way I am going to work exact times is as follows:

Once you have made full payment you get to pick your time slot!

We will do one car per hour.

So Friday 9-5

0900: slowvt (Stage 1.5)
1000: Danny (Stage 1.5)
1100: Mightymouse (Stage 1)
1200:
Twoazunt (Stage 1.5)
1300: Wiggums (Stage 1)
1400: HellHunter (Stage 1)
1500: 13EliteVT (Stage 1.5)
1600: Malgador (Dyno Only)
1700: -X- (Custom Tune, Built Motor and Stuffed Stock turbo)

Saturday 9-5

0900: Carter213 (Stage 1.5)
1000: bolts4breakfast (Stage 1.5)
1100: TommyGunn (Stage 1)
1200: Yammyboy (Stage 1)
1300: DIG_1868 (Stage 1)
1400: Grimmr (Stage 1)
1500: Manny Ham (Stage 1)

alexpkeaton529: Stage 0 10am bench flash on Saturday

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm totally in! 4 hrs to ATL, 3.25 hrs to Charlotte

And I would prefer a date after the Christmas/New Year time frame...just to get that expenditure out of the way...

- Autox17: Ridgeland, SC

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm totally in! 4 hrs to ATL, 3.25 hrs to Charlotte

And I would prefer a date after the Christmas/New Year time frame...just to get that expenditure out of the way...

- Autox17: Ridgeland, SC
Added.

Most likely it will be after the holidays as I doubt Tork wants to make the trek during the holidays.

We are looking for right around tax time so people have the money to do this.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can't put my name on the list yet. Not sure what availability I will have at that time (I am an auditor so the spring is a bit busy) and I havent done any mods yet so I don't know how beneficial it would be.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't put my name on the list yet. Not sure what availability I will have at that time (I am an auditor so the spring is a bit busy) and I havent done any mods yet so I don't know how beneficial it would be.
going to put you down on the list. That way we know you are interested.

A Stage 0 tune will make your car exponentially better and it is inexpensive compared to a full tune.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm down for Feb/March for sure, but 9 hours is a long ways money wise on top of going to spend some tune money lol. Might be more appealing to get a tad closer to the Louisiana/East and Lower Texas/Oklahoma area peeps though. Like say Alabama range, which is splitting the whole area. 2 states away for NC peeps, 2 for Texas and OK. I'm far East Texas as you can get and it's a 9 hour drive for me. Something like Birmingham, which is only 2 hours from Atlanta area peeps, 6 hours from Charlotte, and 7 hours from East Texas area. Just a mild suggestion to sort of expand the area.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm down for Feb/March for sure, but 9 hours is a long ways money wise on top of going to spend some tune money lol. Might be more appealing to get a tad closer to the Louisiana/East and Lower Texas/Oklahoma area peeps though. Like say Alabama range, which is splitting the whole area. 2 states away for NC peeps, 2 for Texas and OK. I'm far East Texas as you can get and it's a 9 hour drive for me. Something like Birmingham, which is only 2 hours from Atlanta area peeps, 6 hours from Charlotte, and 7 hours from East Texas area. Just a mild suggestion to sort of expand the area.
Yeah those far away are just going to have a long drive. The cities have to be reasonable for -X- or my self to get to so we can coordinate the Dyno shop. I am close to Atlanta and he is closer to Charlotte.

I will put you as a maybe as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This may help out getting the numbers needed for everyone. We may need Tork here for 2 days lol. Over on forteturbo.org we have another list started for a little further south, Florida Georgia Alabama area. I am sure there will be some of the FT crowd that won't be able to drive this far south just like there may be some of the VT crowd that won't be able to drive that far north. I will post this in our thread to get something for everyone.

http://www.forteturbo.org/forum/19-kia-forte-turbo-performance/203-tuning-event-south-east.html

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This may help out getting the numbers needed for everyone. We may need Tork here for 2 days lol. Over on forteturbo.org we have another list started for a little further south, Florida Georgia Alabama area. I am sure there will be some of the FT crowd that won't be able to drive this far south just like there may be some of the VT crowd that won't be able to drive that far north. I will post this in our thread to get something for everyone.
Link?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Put me down as a maybe if it's in Atlanta. That's an 8 hour drive, but I could try to fit it in my schedule. I'd be interested in getting the 1.5 tune. How much better would the tune be on the dyno instead of just mailing the ECM to Tork?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
In or around Atlanta I'm willing to retune. 1.5 for A/T.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put me down as a maybe if it's in Atlanta. That's an 8 hour drive, but I could try to fit it in my schedule. I'd be interested in getting the 1.5 tune. How much better would the tune be on the dyno instead of just mailing the ECM to Tork?
Dyno tune will net more power.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wish this is closer to NYC... I would be there in a heart beat.
Maybe if we can get some more cars closer to NYC, we can convince Tork to continue heading east after the south east visit.

1 - 20 of 1046 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.