Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want to go with a canned tune on a spare ECU. 2016 VT DCT.
which one?????? I've looked through the threads... good and bad with both. I can't decide.

People with 2016 or 2017 VT DCTs that have either tune please chime in with your thoughts!!!

Do I still need to send in my ECU for the Tork canned tune if I opt for the tune on a spare ECU? Sounds like BTR doesn't need ECU sent in.

Both still have issues with immobilizer? Both have issues with DCT??

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
BTR has a TCU option with raised RPM limit and gear-holding capabilities for the DCT, but it nearly doubles the cost.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I think I want to go with a canned tune on a spare ECU. 2016 VT DCT.
which one?????? I've looked through the threads... good and bad with both. I can't decide.

People with 2016 or 2017 VT DCTs that have either tune please chime in with your thoughts!!!

Do I still need to send in my ECU for the Tork canned tune if I opt for the tune on a spare ECU? Sounds like BTR doesn't need ECU sent in.

Both still have issues with immobilizer? Both have issues with DCT??

TIA
Easiest way to tune nowadays is our OBD flash bundle. Check it out on our website under electronics and tuning.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTR has a TCU option with raised RPM limit and gear-holding capabilities for the DCT, but it nearly doubles the cost.
I saw that... Does their TCU tune smooth out engagement in regular drive mode, or does it just do the gear hold in manual mode?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Are you in driving distance of a tuner? Thought about the obd2 flash option or wanting a spare ecu?

I know many can tune your car just a matter of if you can drive somewhere or not.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an authorized Eurocharged dealer closeby, but I have to deal with emissions and smogging in SF, so rather have a spare ECU I can swap for smog, and the PnP convenience.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I saw that... Does their TCU tune smooth out engagement in regular drive mode, or does it just do the gear hold in manual mode?
Look at their website

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I have an authorized Eurocharged dealer closeby, but I have to deal with emissions and smogging in SF, so rather have a spare ECU I can swap for smog, and the PnP convenience.
You can buy the obd2 flashing items and be able to be tuned by just about any tuner more than likely and be able to flash to any tune any time and likely be cheaper buying that instead of a new ECU. Not sure about smog but an ECU with tune can pass emissions. Now, regarding eurocharged, I recently heard of a tuned DCT VT losing a trans after their tune.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look at their website
It's not immediately clear. I says it behaves "normally" in drive mode. It also says decreases shift times... but I guess that's only in manual mode??

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It's not immediately clear. I says it behaves "normally" in drive mode. It also says decreases shift times... but I guess that's only in manual mode??
I'd ask BTR for answers.....

If I were to guess, I'd say no changes in drive but in manual or sport the shifts may be quicker, higher redline, and higher shift points. I would also guess if you're having transmission issues before the tune then nothing will improve on that front.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
^This. Call BTR and talk to Sam. Ask if their TCU option takes care of that wonky indecisive DCT behavior. Pretty sure they include a spare ECM in the cost. Overpriced for the TCU option, but worth it if the problematic behavior is mitigated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts