Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 VT. I think the Florida heat has basically melted it. Is it replaceable?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Try to reset first to see if that helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't get why someone would spend over $400 for a knock off Chinese radio that will never get updates. With that said, OP, depending on what part of the state, I've got a few factory radios collecting dust. If you're near Tampa and one of them will work you can have it.

·
Super Moderator
3,265 Posts
Samsung galaxy S5 and S6 phones in the wild want to talk to you lol.

the belsee units are already leaps and bounds better than the existing unit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well, if the Android radio that is running android 9 OS and can be unlocked. It should be easy to upgrade the version of the OS and get all the bloatware out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the belsee units are already leaps and bounds better than the existing unit.
Not setting a high bar there, lol. All I'm saying is, I got a Kenwood double din that has wireless Android auto/apple car play for $400. Can it work, sure. Are there better alternatives, sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get why someone would spend over $400 for a knock off Chinese radio that will never get updates. With that said, OP, depending on what part of the state, I've got a few factory radios collecting dust. If you're near Tampa and one of them will work you can have it.
Hi, I live in Pinellas Park. I would appreciate any help you can offer! [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,265 Posts
Not setting a high bar there, lol. All I'm saying is, I got a Kenwood double din that has wireless Android auto/apple car play for $400. Can it work, sure. Are there better alternatives, sure.
that works with XM, steering wheel controls etc?

that would be a great thread on its own. kenwood is nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
@VTLee sent you an email

@RPW00Mirage yeah it's got all that, granted not plug and play like the Chinese radios. It did take some effort to get it installed and required multiple harnesses to get SW controls and all working properly. The sound quality is amazing though and not taking my phone out of my pocket to use Android auto is the best. I got a new harness for the radio that will splice into the obd wiring and give me gauges on the head unit, when I tear it all back down I'll try to remember to take some pictures to share.

If I did it again I would make sure to get a radio without a disc drive. With all the extra wiring it's a bit of a chore to get it all tucked away, but I got a really good deal on the unit so it was worth jamming stuff in there (unintentional giggity).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts