Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An absolute imbecile who apparently got a driver's license as a prize in a cracker jack box did this hit and run damage to my VT while I was getting my lunch to go at Burrito Boyz.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Any thoughts if the touch up paint will solve this? The reflector and reflector housing also have minor scratches.

·
Registered
373 Posts
An absolute imbecile who apparently got a driver's license as a prize in a cracker jack box did this to my VT while I was getting my lunch to go at Burrito Boyz in Dundas and Hurontario View attachment 836
did you get his insurance info? get that bumper replaced!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
DO NOT GO THROUGH INSURANCE!!!! it will go on the carfax and you can forget about ur car's value!! I would just get a good buff on it with wet sanding, i used to detail and by looking at the pic it looks like it MIGHT come out, except for the black spot, but it will be almost impossible to tell.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Those sequence rear lips won't cover up anything but that tiny line at the very bottom. Wet sand and paint it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DO NOT GO THROUGH INSURANCE!!!! it will go on the carfax and you can forget about ur car's value!! I would just get a good buff on it with wet sanding, i used to detail and by looking at the pic it looks like it MIGHT come out, except for the black spot, but it will be almost impossible to tell.
Oh well I'm screwed then. There goes my budget for the exled headlights and the sequence devil spoiler :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would destroy that person if i saw them do it! heres a good tip for the future,i take 2 quick snapshots of the Plates on the cars next to me, when i go some where ghetto such as walmart.. and I do feel your pain, it happend to me on my old car too. 99% it was them.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
There are shops that specialize in minor bumper scrapes like that. My dealer recommended a guy that they use to fix up the used cars they have traded in. Look around or even ask your dealer. With all the crappy drivers on the roads in the GTA, there is bound to be something available.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Oh well I'm screwed then. There goes my budget for the exled headlights and the sequence devil spoiler :)
NOO!!!!!!!! :crying:

Don't worry, it can always be fixed. If you have ANY connections with someone who works at a dealership, that would be good. Usually dealerships use someone to fix their used cars they get from the auction (they do a good job) and may do it for cheaper than you might expect. My dad did a number to to his back bumper that needed to be popped back out and repainted. Told him to go to the guy that my dealership used and it was fixed like new all for only $300. Cash. If you don't know anyone, maybe a close friend of yours?

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
An absolute imbecile who apparently got a driver's license as a prize in a cracker jack box did this hit and run damage to my VT while I was getting my lunch to go at Burrito Boyz.

Any thoughts if the touch up paint will solve this? The reflector and reflector housing also have minor scratches.
Fictional character Album cover Pc game Games Font

You do realize our vehicles have no value at all right... you can buy any Hyundai and once out on the road we take a huge hit, now if it was a Toyota or any other manufacture except KIA we wouldn't lose a whole lot.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The ARK rear spoiler looks soo much better IMO ;)

Shouldn't be to hard to wet sand and paint. The VT already has a crappy paint job so just make sure you don't do too good a job or it wont match!

You do realize our vehicles have no value at all right... you can buy any Hyundai and once out on the road we take a huge hit, now if it was a Toyota or any other manufacture except KIA we wouldn't lose a whole lot.
Haha yeah I saw a 2011 Gen track edition in white with 7k on the ODO for 19k at carmax

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
The ARK rear spoiler looks soo much better IMO ;)

Shouldn't be to hard to wet sand and paint. The VT already has a crappy paint job so just make sure you don't do too good a job or it wont match!

Haha yeah I saw a 2011 Gen track edition in white with 7k on the ODO for 19k at carmax

Yup, which is cool with me I honesty don't care. I won't be selling my car and if that just means I can buy a '13 or '14 whenever I decide to buy another Genesis Coupe for a lot less since they take a huge hit, I'm all for it. It's whatever, I'm not in the market to make any money on my car. I'm in the market to enjoy my commutes, drift (previously had a gencoupe until it was totaled 'not my fault'), and to just get the most out of my money.

·
2,385 Posts
Craaaaaaaapppp...... SO sorry to hear/see this happen. As mentioned above, DO NOT CLAIM on your insurance, not worth it. Either wait until you really get screwed and really need a new rear bumper or we sand and paint it. Shop around at a couple of local bump shops, you never know! Good luck!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all for the information. I won't do a claim with my insurance company since I think it's going to cost me less that the $300 deductible of my policy to repair it.

I'm going to check some options at the dealer and some local shops to see what they suggest. Most likely wet sanding, rubbing compound and wax will take care of most of it. The black spot will sure need some touch up paint and fortunately I don't have to worry about rust in the bumper.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
its good that you see white, that means the other cars paint ripped off before yours did, if you use a paint thinner type product and some non abrasive rubbing/ polishing you could get most is not all of that mess off your bumper. We all have to accept the fact that our beautiful cars are going to get fucked up because everyone else drives a piece of shit and don't care about anyone else cars when they walk by or open doors. I already have a chip in my window from a rock and a dime sized divot in my front hood from "something". and I only have 600 miles on my car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's a cheap way to cover it up ... Plastidip! View attachment 883
Very good idea.

After wiping off the white paint with my hand I noticed that a good wax would take care of it if it wasn't for the "Black Eye". After shopping around found a place with very good reviews across the street from where I work and they'll take care of the "Black Eye" for $240 with same day delivery (weather permitting). I'm going to give it a try on Monday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ugh, just looking at that makes my stomach turn, especially in that color. I feel your pain though, my passenger side rear rim rubbed against a curb this weekend as I was taking my car for it's first wash, scratched it up pretty good. Thankfully the protection package I purchased covers this kind of damage so my VT is headed fro the shop tomorrow to get it buffed and polished.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts