Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hate to have my first post be a question but it is what it is. Is anyone else have issues with their hids setting off their tpms system? I have DD low beams in my turbo and some no name in the fogs that I had lying around. Ever since I installed them it is causing my tpms light to come on after about 40 minutes of driving with them on. I have read some Genesis guys having this issue but no solid fixes. I have tried moving the ballasts to a few different spots and grounding the ballasts but nothing is really working. Anybody have any ideas?

·
2,385 Posts
I would also think that it is pure coincidence. How can the wheel/rim have anything to do with the lights up front? Unless the computer thinks something is up, but then again, lights vs wheels?!?
Not that a dealer would have a definite answer, but I'd ask them as well. Also, I'd be guessing faulty tpms sensor on one of the wheels.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it has to do with radio waves produced by the ballasts interupting the tpms waves. Common issue with dodges and some genesis ive seen. I ordered a pair of noise cancellors to see if thats the issue. It is not the sensors being that they work fine as long as the headlights arent on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts