Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Veloster turbo...is there a menu option to see the tire pressures in all 4?
I am either blind or dumb or didn't push all the buttons everywhere, but I couldn't find a menu option.
Does the car even have TPMS monitoring?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
unfortunately no veloster up until the new 2019 has that feature

·
Registered
172 Posts
2013 will have tpms (since 2008 in the us) but is indirect I.e. it’ll only indicate if one or more are low with the (!) light.
Direct tpms (one that shows actual pressure) is starting to get more mainstream but for a while were generally only found on luxury cars.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks for the responses, the main reason I was asking, that in case I'm buying new tires, and should I still pay to have the TPMS added or transferred.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,444 Posts
Ok, thanks for the responses, the main reason I was asking, that in case I'm buying new tires, and should I still pay to have the TPMS added or transferred.
They can be swapped from your oem wheels to new wheels but if just new tires no worries anyway as they will stay on the wheels.

·
Registered
153 Posts
2013 will have tpms (since 2008 in the us) but is indirect I.e. it’ll only indicate if one or more are low with the (!) light.
Direct tpms (one that shows actual pressure) is starting to get more mainstream but for a while were generally only found on luxury cars.
My 2012 Chevy Cruze had it. It's about the only thing I miss from that car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2012 Chevy Cruze had it. It's about the only thing I miss from that car.
Funny, I had a 2012 Chevy Cruze too and I miss this function too. (But there are many things I don't miss about it)
My wife has a Sonata (2015) has all kinds of info for everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts