Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,120 Posts
auto or manual?

manual change interval in the book is 60k...

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,320 Posts
Swap it for better fluid such as amsoil. No need for a flush.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,320 Posts
I usually do 50-60k mile intervals or sooner if the car is beat on like track use.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I know know the Manual says its lifetime, but my DCT at 45k~ miles started to make a strange clicking sound when slowing down. I can't determine if its the solid engine mount I installed, or the DCT. There is a guide on the Forums, but just looking for some input. I'm going to be checking my mount tomorrow. Literally was about to post a thread about this, not to piggy back. This is good info. Thank you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I know know the Manual says its lifetime, but my DCT at 52k~ miles started to make a strange clicking sound when slowing down. I can't determine if its the solid engine mount I installed, or the DCT. There is a guide on the Forums, but just looking for some input. I'm going to be checking my mount tomorrow. Literally was about to post a thread about this, not to piggy back. This is good info. Thank you.
I could almost promise it's the mount. Personally I sort of like the fact that I can hear the gears and every time a solenoid flips.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm going to do the fluid anyway I got Redline fluid, and make sure the mount is solid. Other than that you must be right. The Car doesn't drive weird at all shifts fine and quick, just makes clicks/weird sounds when slowing down, and its random not consistent.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Like I just took her out today drove good distance, didn't hear a thing. My friend is like man your just making it up LOL.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Vitamin C
24 Posts
i deff hear the clicks as well coming to a full stop usually 2016 with dct and have stronger lower engine bushings.

Reactions: Frostedflames

·
Registered
53 Posts
Alright good to know i'm not alone in this lol. I'm just going to do the fluid and hope for the best im at ~45k. Its likely the mount like you guys are saying, and im worried over nothing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I just did it today I drained 1 quart, and filled to 2 @45k miles the liquid was for sure black. I did notice a leak from the drain plug, The tech and I put a new washer and rubber washer to stop the leaking, I'm wondering if the solid engine mount is causing too much stress for the trans as its only mounted on the one side of the Trans. Just going to keep an eye on it for leaks, and might switch out the white line, back to stock with hardened bushings if the leak continues. Otherwise I'll accept the fact the trans makes these quirky sounds.

Hope this helps anyone dealing with the same issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
how does it feel with the new fluid any dct clunkyness? im just past 40k myself.

Reactions: Frostedflames

·
Registered
53 Posts
It feels smoother, its definitely better not worse, or it feels exactly the same haven't driven enough really to tell. I cleaned the transmission of all the excess and haven't seen and leak yet, so that's a relief. I also notice I hear less of the "click" noise that I was speaking of when coming to stops. I would recommend doing it, my fluid was like chocolate milk. Going to drive around a bit and see if the leak continues. I'm worried it maybe leaking from the seal / sealant and drain plug is just the lowest point.

·
Registered
24 Posts
good to hear is redline dtcf recommended ill have to look around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
good to hear is redline dtcf recommended ill have to look around.
From what i've been seeing it is a "suitable replacement for the OEM fluid Kia API GL-4 SAE 75W-85, fill for-life" but its hard to find any site that directly states its DTC fluid.
I've seen posts of people using this at least on the forums.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts