Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Did a drain and fill at 40K on my DCT, shifts are smoother but the tranny now (maybe) heats up faster and cools down slower. I say maybe because prior to the drain and fill on OEM fluid during the cars first 40'000 KM, it seemed to reach up to 4-5 bars at times but I didn't really notice and it seemed to always hover around 3.

It can reach up to 6 bars in heavier traffic, and now I find that it doesn't cool down as fast between drives (like 3-4 hours apart)

Pic attached for reference

Is this a normal temp to be operating in within stop-go traffic? I subbed out the OEM fluid for 2 QT's of Redline MT70-75 LV

Attachments

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,426 Posts
Long as you used proper fluid type and amount there shouldn't be any issues. Sounds normal to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I am certain the viscosity of gear oil is correct but to your point about the amount that might be a concern. 2 Quarts is less than 2.1 Litres which is the gear oil capacity for the 2019 DCT. Just reading this now after the Hyundai tech suggested 2 quarts...

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,426 Posts
Only 11% less so not bad at all. Little more will help but shouldn't see much of a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts