Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo DCT (Boston Red)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I am making this post about a weird squeak that I absolutely cannot diagnose. Ever since the temperatures have dropped, my car will squeak/squeal for about 15-30 seconds on startup then go away. I have replaced the belt and idler pulley which did not solve the issue. The noise seems to be coming from the upper right side of the engine bay and isn't extremely loud but very noticeable. The pitch of the squeak/squeal increases with increasing engine rpm, but like I said before, goes away after the car has been running for a little bit. The car has 42,000 miles and feels 100% healthy and the noise is ever and only during those first few seconds on startup in cold weather. I cannot seem to find someone else experiencing this and would love for some ideas. Since the car runs totally normal I am not too concerned about it, it is just more of an annoyance.
Thank you for any feed back.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
From the description it seems like a pulley issue. See if you can use something like WD-40 on the center of one pulley at a time to see which one it is.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo DCT (Boston Red)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try that next, thanks.
This link is a video of the sound.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,652 Posts
Be sure where the sound is coming from as well as this can change the diagnosis. In the video it is difficult to locate the source of the sound or get a clear listen to the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts