Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i didn't find out until AFTER i signed the paperwork that even the dealer didn't have studdable snow tires for my VT. So after talking with a few tire dealers, they said i needed to down size the wheel. So if i go to a 17 inch 5-bolt pattern, my question is regarding the pattern size. I see all kinds of numbers regarding the pattern size. 5x110, 5x115, 5x120.65, etc. what the heck is all that about? If I find some 5 bolt 17 inch rims for sale, how do i know they will work on my VT?

·
Registered
63 Posts
A lot of wheels have the same pattern. My Nissan 370Z has the same pattern as the Hyundai, so I can swap wheels in a pinch if I have to. Therefore, any 5 bolt Nissan pattern will fit your Hyundai. Just make sure you stick with the same outside diameter of tire to keep things accurate on the speedo etc....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't be able to keep the same diameter because I'll be going down to a 17 or 16 inch rim. But I should be able to have them change the computer when I go in for an oil change.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You don't have to change the computer. You just have to order the right tires to go with the new rims. Basically if you down size the rim by 1", you then need to increase the side wall of the tire by 1" so the overall outside diameter of the tire will match the stock setup. The extra side wall will make the tire handle better in the snow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So i didn't find out until AFTER i signed the paperwork that even the dealer didn't have studdable snow tires for my VT. So after talking with a few tire dealers, they said i needed to down size the wheel. So if i go to a 17 inch 5-bolt pattern, my question is regarding the pattern size. I see all kinds of numbers regarding the pattern size. 5x110, 5x115, 5x120.65, etc. what the heck is all that about? If I find some 5 bolt 17 inch rims for sale, how do i know they will work on my VT?
its 5x114, you can find this info on tirerack,com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts