Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone,

I am very new to this forum and want to ask the mass for their knowledge.
I have a 2017 Hyundai VT with a Injen short ram COLD AIR INTAKE and I'm going to add a MBRP 2.5" catback dual exhaust onto my car. I am in need of a tune to accommodate with these mods as the air to fuel ratio is off.
What type of tune should I get, ex) flash? email? -- and what stage.
If anyone can inform me on what I should do and how it works, it would be greatly appreciated and Thank you for advance for the comments!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where are you located? There are a few different tuners out there who can tune these cars, but the only two that I'd trust personally would be either SXTH Element or Qwik Tyme Performance. They've both been very dedicated to this platform in regards to making parts and tuning. If you don't have anyone local to you, you'll either need to purchase or rent the flashing equipment, and your tuner will work with you via e-mail to set-up and dial in your tune.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
How's it going everyone,

I am very new to this forum and want to ask the mass for their knowledge.
I have a 2017 Hyundai VT with a Injen short ram COLD AIR INTAKE and I'm going to add a MBRP 2.5" catback dual exhaust onto my car. I am in need of a tune to accommodate with these mods as the air to fuel ratio is off.
What type of tune should I get, ex) flash? email? -- and what stage.
If anyone can inform me on what I should do and how it works, it would be greatly appreciated and Thank you for advance for the comments!
With those mods the car should not need a tune and the afr will be the same as if it had all the oem parts. However you can tune the car to make more power and take advantage of any mods on the car. You just can't do a tune too agressive if those are the only mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With those mods the car should not need a tune and the afr will be the same as if it had all the oem parts. However you can tune the car to make more power and take advantage of any mods on the car. You just can't do a tune too agressive if those are the only mods.
Thank you! I would like to have a better performance as I have the two Mods to better the throttle lag the ca tends to have. Also, shouldn't it be healthier for the car to get a tune?

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
The "throttle lag" you feel is actually the way the car is tuned and not throttle lag at all. The bolt on mod that will help is a larger throttle body. Otherwise a good tune can improve the responsiveness, power, and safety of the car.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
397 Posts
No lol. not at all. Albeit, you're going to lose your remote start in winter because they are discontinuing 2G and that system for that generation of veloster was built on 2G

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
he said mod.. hopefully aftermarket, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Out of the four tune websites yall are saying are good, I think this one would be best. Now I would pick "Super Stock" since i only have those two mods, CAI and MBRP catback DP.
Also, do if I purchase this product, am i going to be able to outright install or would i have to bring it somewhere and get it fitted for my car?

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
In addendum you will also need to run 91+ octane fuel which you should do anyway and need HKS M45XL plugs gapped to .024"

You did not check out Qwik Tyme Performance website because I do not have one. :)

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
PCM flash is the program. You buy or rent it as part of the flashing equipment.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,080 Posts
those are great instructions but the screenshots would be alot better if they reduced the resolution then took them instead of stretching them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts