Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a few posts like this here before, but I haven't found any solutions I'm satisfied with (they all either involve lots of rewiring, or don't yield the results I'm looking for).
Just to be perfectly clear, I want everything to work as normal, except I want the highbeams to be completely off when the headlight stock is in the first position. At the moment, the little LED parking lights as well as the highbeams powered at low voltage will come on, I want JUST the LED parking lights.
(Please don't lecture me on legality, I know it might be violating some vehicle code somewhere -- I don't care.)
Also keep in mind I'm in southern california, so my DRL settings may vary from yours

EDIT: I have a 2015 VT tech package, forgot to mention that

Now, I've noticed that when you have the stock set to the first position, and the parking brake ON, the highbeams will shut off entirely, leaving just the LEDs and the taillights. THIS is the look I want to achieve driving down the road.

Basically what I'm wondering is if there's a way I can take advantage of this functionality to achieve the look I want without tapping into the wiring harness or taking a bunch of relays and controllers apart like some other solutions I've seen.
I've seen some people say you can just pull the parking brake to the first "click" to trigger the sensor but not actually engage the brake. But this doesn't seem safe to me and damaging the DCT is my worst nightmare with this car.

I'm thinking maybe there's just some fuse I can mess with? or just one simple wire I can splice into to switch on independently to trigger the brake sensor without actually touching the brake?

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, isn't there some way to control this in the ECU? I've seen on BMWs there's settings that you can access with the right kind of OBDII tool and I would imagine the same applies to these cars considering the DRL behaviour varies from place to place

1 - 2 of 2 Posts