Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
all intakes are extremely loud on this car. if you dont have exhaust then you may not like how much noise the intake makes. The exhaust kinda evens it out.

Reactions: TylerPeterson

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
i was on the verge of getting Socks intake until someone gave me a gift and i was able to get the injen sri for $110, so i got it but i am think of the resonator delete from socks after i read up on it a little more and if it seems worth it

·
Registered
877 Posts
Mine was much louder as a CAI, once I shortened it to a SRI I thought it sounded a lot better. I would assume it makes the same sound, just in a different place where I don't hear it as much.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the resonator delete is definitely worth the buy... pretty much anything from TS. lol

i was on the verge of getting Socks intake until someone gave me a gift and i was able to get the injen sri for $110, so i got it but i am think of the resonator delete from socks after i read up on it a little more and if it seems worth it

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
the resonator delete is definitely worth the buy... pretty much anything from TS. lol
from reading though I've read that it lowers the low end torque??

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
from reading though I've read that it lowers the low end torque??
That's what it feels like. But if it truly does it's only a little bit. The kick u get from 3500rpm onwards is freaking awesome.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That's what it feels like. But if it truly does it's only a little bit. The kick u get from 3500rpm onwards is freaking awesome.
Ok pretty convinced I'm going to get it just gonna wait for my injen Sri to arrive then order made a promise to myself wouldn't place more than one order at a time as well I'm going to get ts rigid collars in that order

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have not noticed any feeling of a loss of torque with mine. And I have an automatic mind you. More power everywhere!
Haha sounds good I just can't wait for my sir then ordering that and rigid collars I have m/t I wish I could drive both to feel differences

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Not to start a war but is the intake a choke point on this car??? Because I'm pretty much stuck behind that a CAI / SRI won't add valuable gains unless you have a tune to help compensate for more air intake..

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Not to start a war but is the intake a choke point on this car??? Because I'm pretty much stuck behind that a CAI / SRI won't add valuable gains unless you have a tune to help compensate for more air intake..
honestly i have no clue? Im just soo new to cars i wanted to start with something easy and simple to install and read about, trying to ease into the car world without getting overwhelmed.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
i have heard multiple times from tuners like BTR that even the 3" could use to be upgraded as well as the stock turbo elbow to get more air to the engine when tuning..

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
hey so i have another ? hash Im new to this and I see people getting an exhaust with resonator? If i get this tork pipe and later get an exhaust and it comes with a resonator would/should i put it on and take off the tork pipe not sure how that works. Is the tork pipe kinda like a temp thing tip you get an exhaust or something???

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Then get a HF cat/downpipe and even it out!!!!:furious:
haah i just started with cars this is my first one i don't even know what that is haha then abbreviations your killing me hear shah

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
honestly i have no clue? Im just soo new to cars i wanted to start with something easy and simple to install and read about, trying to ease into the car world without getting overwhelmed.
-READ,READ, then READ some more,......take a deep breath, hold it,........AND DIVE RIGHT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheerful: (Oh and don't forget your WALLET!)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
haha its what I'm doing one thing at a time haha? Got to take it easy on the wallet haha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts