Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a VT Rally edition. I've kept it stock so far (bought in November with 48k miles), but I recently bought a boomba blow off valve. I installed it, and it sounded cool, but I noticed a pretty significant power loss and decreased mileage. Read up on it, and turns out the computer loses its mind because less air is being put back I to the system, so it runs rich. I want to find a tuner to make it so that I can use the bov without the decreased power and fuel economy. I live in Connecticut, and need to find somewhere that can do this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,320 Posts
The bov will not cause that. Now if you have a boost leak somewhere it can cause this somewhat depending on the severity.

I can remote tune the ecu or tune it if mailed to me. The latter is much cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bov will not cause that. Now if you have a boost leak somewhere it can cause this somewhat depending on the severity.

I can remote tune the ecu or tune it if mailed to me. The latter is much cheaper.
The thing is, when I put the stock recirc valve back on, it went back to driving normal and had normal mpg.

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
perhaps something wrong with that BOV?

·
Super Moderator
4,121 Posts
yes boomba makes decent products they are all over the ST community. any info on it? any adjustment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts