Veloster Turbo Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Yeah it's going very well. Used to it now though and the itch is starting for more LOL.

In other news - munched a new shape VF Commodore SS V8 the other night to our mutual surprise. He dropped back 10 car lengths and moped in my rear view mirror lol.

Reactions: rugerfly

·
Registered
60 Posts
Max!!!!!!! Suprised to see you alive! Interested to see who did your tune and costs, if its reasonable PM me the details of the company.. ill make the 8 hour drive for a tune :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Ruger i found it however, i also found the Dyno sheet... Now.. as per the Hyundai Australia website:
It pumps out 46% more power (150 kW power at 6,000 rpm) and packs 60% more torque (265Nm of torque at 1,750 to 4,500 rpm).
to see that and compare it to:

not that exciting unless im missing something ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hyundais figures are at the engine... max's figues are at the wheels. He basically makes around 30% more power than stock

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you sorta figure out that you lose about 30-odd percent at the flywheel

Reactions: rugerfly

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Thats the thing - drivetrain losses can be quite decent and I believe Hyundai overstated performancr figures anyway as I dynoed 126kw at the wheels with my free flowing exhaust, intercooler and intake. So from 126 to pretty much 160 is a massive difference.

Reactions: Sp00n

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it’s been ages since this thread was made has anyone got around Brisbane someone I can take my VT to I want a lot more power maybe new turbo kit and tune bigger air intake blow off valve Ect just want more power and a better sound

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,668 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Best bet may be having a vendor in the USA tune the car remotely after you buy the flashing hardware/software. Great mods available from the USA as well but cost will be crazy due to shipping. List car info like year model, goals, transmission, odometer reading, any current mods and may be able to guide you better on what to do best for the money spent.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts