Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo, I’m wondering about tuning. I have catback exhaust and intake and I’m planning on getting a FMIC but im
Wondering if I get my ECU sent in to reflash from sfr or get a York Motorsports plug and play one, which would be better. Also would I have to retune when I add on the FMIC and down pipe later down the road. Please help me. I want a reliable and faster car but I’m doubting if I can get best of both worlds.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If it's SFR in PA, they stop doing tunes for gen 1 VT's a few years back. I would go with SXTH Elements, Tork, or BTR. In my opinion I would go with all SXTH FMIC and Tune, buts that me.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
Power and reliability are not an issues with proper maintenance, proper fuel, proper mods, and a good tune.

I can get you the end goal the safest hands down.

·
Registered
426 Posts
True, I believe that each company has their own version of "Mild to Wild" available to let the customer get what they want. For a complete Noob who want to get a one-stop shop XP that a good option.
If the buyer wants to do a little research, and needs to get advice on what mods work good together I would have told them to go to someone like Xe (dang I miss him), or you.

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
26 Posts
If it's SFR in PA, they stop doing tunes for gen 1 VT's a few years back. I would go with SXTH Elements, Tork, or BTR. In my opinion I would go with all SXTH FMIC and Tune, buts that me.
SFR really stopped the 1st gen VT tunes? So are they just selling old flashed software for VTs? I know you can still purchase from them.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
No clue what they're doing now.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry RF got in the way, I called them in 2016-2017 to find out about getting a tune since they are so close to me. Their sale person told me that they had stopped tuning Veloster because the new model was coming out soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts