Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Need to take everything apart that sees boost, clean all connections, then put together and cinch down good to ensure no leaks. Check and maintain/clean the BOV to ensure no leaks.

Issue will be in the hot pipe, BOV, or catch can somewhere.
I also didn't think to mention it but since you said everything that sees boost, I have a harbor freight boost gage on idk if that could be loosing seal or something?

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,282 Posts
Anything can be leaking boost to cause this. Think about what was added just before the issue started as the most likely culprit/s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anything can be leaking boost to cause this. Think about what was added just before the issue started as the most likely culprit/s.
I took a quick look yesterday after work and found a vacuum line on the bov to inner cooler seemed like it might have been a little loose with the zip tie provided, so I replace it with a thicker one and tried to get it as tight as I could. Gonna go for a drive Friday see if the problem is recreated. Saturday I plan to take a better look over all the components. I'll report any findings. Thanks for your advice man appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
If you have to use a zip tie to seal then the hose is the incorrect size and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sorry for the late reply, busy holidays and what not put this off a little. I cant figure this out man I've replaced lines i checked the hook ups and for tears and what not. I thought I had it for about a week but the probelm keeps coming back. I think im gonna put my oem parts back on and see what happens.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Pics or video of the setup may help us identify the issue/s.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Glad it's fixed.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts