Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Veloster Turbo, 180,000km. Yesterday while driving up a steep hill at about 90km/h the car seemed sluggish and the turbo sounded like it was trying to kick in, but kept failing to. After getting off the highway, I pulled over and put the transmission in park and mildly revved the engine. It sounds like the turbo just kicks in and out whenever it wants to. Continued to drive home and same thing - at any speed, with even slight acceleration the turbo winds up, winds down, winds up again, but the car lacks the power that usually comes with the turbo kicking in. I'm going to take it in to the shop today, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me if this is a common issue and if it is likely a vacuum hose or some other easy fix (I'm hoping). Getting married in a couple weeks and don't need a big expense right now on top of the wedding!

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
sounds like you popped a intercooler pipe coupler somewhere? you should get pretty consistent boost depending on rpm and throttle. that would be my first check.

but without something like a boost gauge or a log you really are guessing at what is going on.

Reactions: misnblu

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
Without knowing more information and detail nobody here can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you popped a intercooler pipe coupler somewhere? you should get pretty consistent boost depending on rpm and throttle. that would be my first check.

but without something like a boost gauge or a log you really are guessing at what is going on.
Thanks RPW. Appreciate it. I have an appointment at 9am tomorrow at the shop, but wanted to do a little homework first. I've never owned a turbo and don't know what to expect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts