Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damn @TooGqForYou the VT been giving you problems lately. Hope you get everything sorted out man.

Get arp studs for the head and the turbo. I plan on that being my first mods with the newer VT in the future. Might do my head now just to have experience for the next one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Turbo is installed and she runs like a champ again. . I spent $602 delivered to my door a new Borg Warner turbocharger and $750 in labor to install it and do an synthetic oil change. Power delivery seems much more linear now than before the turbo actually decided to shed some hot side fins lol. Overall very pleased with the turbocharger I purchased through partsgeek.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Turbo is installed and she runs like a champ again. . I spent $602 delivered to my door a new Borg Warner turbocharger and $750 in labor to install it and do an synthetic oil change. Power delivery seems much more linear now than before the turbo actually decided to shed some hot side fins lol. Overall very pleased with the turbocharger I purchased through partsgeek.
$1352 installed for a brand new turbo doesn't sound too bad. Glad you got it work!
You just replaced it with an oem/stock unit right? As in, not upgraded.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
$1352 installed for a brand new turbo doesn't sound too bad. Glad you got it work!
You just replaced it with an oem/stock unit right? As in, not upgraded.
yes it is a stock unit. my daughter drives the car so i wasn't to concerned about boosting performance.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Did ok on the turbo price but the install price is a little high. Did good overall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Did ok on the turbo price but the install price is a little high. Did good overall.
I forgot to mention the install portion also included the replacement of a faulty waste gate actuator module. I think that’s what it was that was replaced.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts