Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
the engine 'specs' have been around a long time. No idea what turbo it comes with as manufacturers usually never broadcast the information on turbo model. 90% of the population wouldn't care or understand what they mean by a 13B-GK-R24c or w/e.

Based on the engine size and what they did with the Gencoupe, I would expect something similar, possibly a bit smaller.

That said, a 16G upgrade to the VTurbo once tuning is easy to come by should be an AMAZING upgrade for the car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I ran the big 16G turbo on my Eclipse back and the day and the difference was amazing! Better spool up time and it pulled hard throughout the entire RPM band.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
wow, its a borg turbo. very interesting...

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
what makes it interesting is typically hyundai and other manufacturers use mitsu or garrett turbos.

borg turbos are great just curious as to why the switch.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Borg turbos are typically almost custom applications. They don't really do bulk like garret does, but when they do bulk production its for higher-end cars. They produce the OEM turbos for Porsche, BMW and Audi. John Deere and Cat's also come with BW turbos.

Yeah, it's a badass brand, and i'm pumped to see it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, as far as I know they have not released any numbers for premium fuel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see... Weird as to why they haven't released the real #s..
Then again cheaper insurance at the end of the day lol..

The thought of the injectors being max out on 93oct have crossed my mind too..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.