Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Would you be interested in a standalone fog light module?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Will this be plug and play? everything has a home? or is does this involve own fab work and splicing which ever the right wires you prefer?

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Will this be plug and play? everything has a home? or is does this involve own fab work and splicing which ever the right wires you prefer?
It will require splicing, but it won't be to difficult. All the wiring will be in a nylon sleeve. I've found mounting and routing that will be fairly easy and everything needed, including the fuse tap will be included with complete and detailed instructions with pictures showing each location for mounting or routing. I may have been able to make it plug and play but cost and time would have escalated the cost beyond what it would be worth. I have tried to keep costs down and in fact beat what I projected initially by $10.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
It will require splicing, but it won't be to difficult. All the wiring will be in a nylon sleeve. I've found mounting and routing that will be fairly easy and everything needed, including the fuse tap will be included with complete and detailed instructions with pictures showing each location for mounting or routing. I may have been able to make it plug and play but cost and time would have escalated the cost beyond what it would be worth. I have tried to keep costs down and in fact beat what I projected initially by $10.
awesome. can't wait to see this product come out :D

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I like the end result but wish it were plug and play as I am not a fan of hacking up factory wiring.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice. Hopefully my weekends will workout so that I can install this and TS BOV and Manifold block at the BBQ.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How much? And when can we order? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
A little update.
Yesterday I showed that you can now have fogs without having the headlights on. I didn't have every single detail ironed out, just wanted to show it can be done.

Today when hooking up power, the tail lights started flashing. I thought "Son of a, don't tell me we have that pulse width modulating crap in the tail lights too." 4 hours later I located the sneak path for one of the grounds. Installed a Zener Diode and BOOM problem solved.

I will work throughout the rest of the week to get everything together for the kits. The cost, as I've said before, will be $55 for a complete kit.

I will address a few of the question some of you have had after the car is back together.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY really don't like you right now...:D

OH SNAP! EVIL POST EVIL POOOOSSssT!!

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
I meant having the fog lights on with the parking lights. And if you have the high beams on can you have the fog lights stay on. Stock I believe (could be wrong) that with the parking lights on, the fog lights are not on even if set to on and if you have the low beams on with the fog lights and then turn your high beams on, the fog lights turn off.
1. Yes, you will be able to have the fogs on with only the parking lights on.
2. Yes they will still work with the low beams.
3. Yes they will stay on with the high beams on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks for the info. Was wondering if it was possible to have the DRLs on as well? I want to keep the lights on auto but have the DRLs and fogs on all the time.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this mod will allow the fogs to be on any time you have the switch on. No matter the combo.....headlights on/off, highs on/off, DRLs on/off. As long as the fog light switch is turned forward, they will be on.

Is that pretty much how it will work Bruce?

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this mod will allow the fogs to be on any time you have the switch on. No matter the combo.....headlights on/off, highs on/off, DRLs on/off. As long as the fog light switch is turned forward, they will be on.

Is that pretty much how it will work Bruce?
You are mistaken. The fog lights will not come until you place the headlight switch in the parking light position or headlight position and the car has to be on. This was only tried on a USA car so I can not answer for cars made for any other country

·
Registered
24 Posts
So when can we order ?

41 - 60 of 92 Posts