Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Standalone foglight kit [VTurbo-Fog_Mod-01] - $55.00 : TS-Store, ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING

Now up on the site, ready to sell away!!!

These kits are in stock and ship the same day if ordered before noon.

List:

*********To the first 4 that purchased this kit: There is a revision to the installation instructions (Follow this link) http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/veloster-turbo-problems-help/3910-revised-page-3-instructions-standalone-fog-lights.html#post75361 Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
1. Chris W / Shipped
2. Kenneth C / Shipped
3. Darren G / Shipped
4. ttwotees / Shipped
5. AZG23 / Shipped
6. Dartagnan 007 / Shipped
7. Darren G / Shipped
8. Jeff G / Shipped
9. Morgan H / Shipped
10. Silverberet / Shipped

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see the picture :D haha!

Install instructions will come with the kit and they are very thorough!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Noob question but is there an added switch or does the fog light knob directly turn them on. If so ill think about it because I loved using them during dark days. Apparently a bright yellow car wasn't enough to make people see me ... and its almost as if yellow is invisible to deer so im worred about dark blue haha.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Noob question but is there an added switch or does the fog light knob directly turn them on. If so ill think about it because I loved using them during dark days. Apparently a bright yellow car wasn't enough to make people see me ... and its almost as if yellow is invisible to deer so im worred about dark blue haha.
No new switch. Fog lights will turn on using the factory switch.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Plus 1k for Bruce!

Got these installed today...all went well during install got the fogs working separately...except my headlights didn't work. oh noes...so I pulled the connections back out and rechecked, still no headlights, but the kit worked to a T! Got ahold of Bruce over the phone and he had me check a few things..

Welp...seems he didnt have me check my brain..so tidbit of info in case the relay in yer head doesn't click on, the car has to have key on to get power to the headlights..DUH! LOL LOL LOL

So after my relay in my head got power and ground...the headlights worked perfectly. The kit works perfectly..and is pretty sweet, well made and well thought out.

Couple things to keep in mind if you are doing this install..after taking the interior plastics off, remove the 5 bolts holding the steel frame of the knee kick panel..its got some sharp edges, and it gives you more room.

Take the plugs OUT of the fuse block to be able to manuever it around a bit easier

The 2nd BLUE plug you need is on the underside of the fuse block

Just a couple things to make it a bit clearer/easier...and Bruce will be adding it to the instructions.

I'd like to thank Bruce...definitely a great guy to get parts from..!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did my install Friday and had a hard time getting the hood release off. One thing I found after getting it off is if you use a 8mm socket and push on the center clip while pulling it slides off a lot easier. The socket helps push the tabs in. Other then that the install was easy.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I did my install Friday and had a hard time getting the hood release off. One thing I found after getting it off is if you use a 8mm socket and push on the center clip while pulling it slides off a lot easier. The socket helps push the tabs in. Other then that the install was easy.
oh yeah! I forgot about that part...I used a torx socket bit...used the socketside of it and pushed in. It compressed the 4 fingers and it pops right off..

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Haha I had the same problem, my fingers just couldn't get underneath the edge enough to force it off. I told Bruce about that but I used 9/32 instead

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Haha I had the same problem, my fingers just couldn't get underneath the edge enough to force it off. I told Bruce about that but I used 9/32 instead
oh yeah! I forgot about that part...I used a torx socket bit...used the socketside of it and pushed in. It compressed the 4 fingers and it pops right off..
One thing I found after getting it off is if you use a 8mm socket and push on the center clip while pulling it slides off a lot easier. The socket helps push the tabs in.
Damn, I thought I added that to the instructions. Thanks for the little things that help with the install; Adding to the instructions now.

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
TS I love how your site shows $55.00 crossed out and then it says $55.00 next to it and "Save 0% off." Its all about marketing! Lol
It says $55.00 crossed out and then $55.00 next to it??? WHAT A RIP OFF!!! ....OH WAIT but it is 0% savings. Not that's not bad at all.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts