Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, you asked and I did some digging.

I have been working with Move Over Motorsports a bit to see if they had any interest in making us a QR bumper kit.

They were interested and looks like they have brackets being worked on right now.

For those who don't know, they make an easy quick release bumper system to be able to remove your front bumper in literally seconds.

We are looking to gauge interest so we can get this in production.

The kit would include a custom bracket that would mount to where the bumper typically mounts to the fender on the sides of the car. The hardware would be installed and the install/removal would be simple!

Each one of the bumper snaps are rated to hold 150lbs, so no worries of the bumper coming off while driving.

Here is what the kit looks like assembled (from an EVO)

the bumper release kit is approved by the NHRA Tech Team and has been tested up to 178mph.

Here is a video of how easy it is:

Description from trackdaytuners.com

"Push Button Quick Releases are made from T6 aluminum and come in two different colors: Anodized Black and plain Billet Aluminum. Utilizing a ballbearing Ball-In-Socket fastening system each individual latch is incredibly strong; holding up to 150LBS of pulling force before experiencing failure. With dual Quick Latches included on each side of the Move Over Bumper kit there is a total of 600LBS of fastening strength holding the front bumper to the fender and it removes by simply pushing a button or two."

" The mounting kits (pictured above) are made from Aeronautics Grade 0.090″ thick 3003 Aluminum and they are cut on a Waterjet for a precision fit and finish. 304 (A2) Stainless Steel hardware is provided to fasten to the fenders. A great deal of attention was paid to the quality and engineering of this product and it certainly shows- the Move Over Quick Release Bumper Kit Quick Latch fasteners have been approved by NHRA Technical Services for use in all of their events and have been tested up to 178MPH on a drag car without failure."

Pricing looks like 165$ for the Billet Aluminum set and 180$ for Black. 195$ on Red and Blue.

z qrk.jpg
red anodized.jpg
blue anodized.jpg
Black_Anodized.jpg
billet aluminum finish.JPG

1. Turbosocks - Black or Red
2. swordfish -Black
3. CH3MIST - Blue or aluminum
4. btjetman - Blue or Black
5. 999RXerox - Black
6. ecfisher -Black
7. Reaper7 -Black
8. silverberet -Blue
10. zexz1000 -Black

They are offering lowered pricing, see above!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I will take blue, or maybe just leave them plain.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Count me in - black pls

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Black like my soul please, thx Nate.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Would this be with a veloster-specific bracket? I know there are some gen coupe guys who'd be interested in this

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Zex black set

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would this be with a veloster-specific bracket? I know there are some gen coupe guys who'd be interested in this
Yes but one could be made for the Gen Coupe also!

Reactions: jcroscigno

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
This is Mad cool, but I have a lot to buy before I can buy this :crazy:

Reactions: CH3MIST

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
This is Mad cool, but I have a lot to buy before I can buy this :crazy:
You should probably get this so that it makes everything else easier to install ;)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
^^^smart man here^^

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^smart man here^^
i wouldn't go that far... :p i know this guy who poured goo gone on his bumper.. not naming any names though :p

Reactions: CH3MIST and Reaper7

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
We'd have to remove the fender wouldn't we?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
1 - 20 of 363 Posts