Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, you guys asked and I finally delivered.

This will be the hands down, best value out there for a cold pipe upgrade.

The BOV and the couplers will come pre-installed as well as the vacuum line.

All you will need to do is pop off the stock pipe, remove the stock BOV, add block-off plate and install new pipe. Simply plug in and clamp down vacuum line to solenoid and you are good to go!

The cold pipe upgrade is 160$ and the hard pipe option will be 55$ extra.

The hard pipe option will replace the 'S' pipe from the intercooler to the hot pipe under the car. The couplers for this were on back-order and will be here soon. I will get pictures up ASAP.

The block off plate used in this setup is the high quality kinugawa plate. It features very high quality machining and is anodized. Also, it seals using dual o-rings, which means a perfect seal.

This is the first one, once I see interest in this thread (no pre-payments) I will order a bunch more! I will order more anyway but if there seems to be a lot of interest, I will order more at a time.

3.png
2.png
1.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
8.png
7.png

For 220$ shipped in the states you can upgrade both the hot pipe and cold pipe upgrade, already 90% assembled WITH a new BOV, pre-installed.

HKS recirc fittings will work for this BOV so you can recirculate if you want to.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, I closed thread instead of stuck it :D

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
is there anything functionally different compared to the hks mounted on the factory intercooler? I mean basically same thing right, except one is mounted on a pipe, and other is mounted on an intercooler?

curious

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is for the STOCK intercooler only! It is for the guys who want a BOV, with no cutting and to upgrade to hard pipes from soft rubber pipes at the same time!!

There isn't much benefit to this over the other setup. This does, however upgrade the stock flimsy rubber cold pipe to a hard pipe, which can't expand under boost.

Reactions: Gerid

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This is greatness!

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hot pipe replacement will be only to replace the hose from the intercooler to the stock pipe.

With the stock intercooler in the way, there wont be much getting through other than air past the Intercooler. I will see how it looks the other way and possibly put an option for how people want it to face on the store.

The piping is 2.5" and the coupler on intercooler side reduces to 2"

Reactions: -X-

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ID of the hot pipe will be ~1.8". The couplers will transition smoothly from the 1.75" OD to 2" OD to the pipe section and then smoothly transition back to the intercooler inlet.

Reactions: -X-

·
Registered
576 Posts
TS, I know rhis might be a stupid question, but would the bpv hose going from the top of the ic to the intake pipe/cai/sri need to be re-used or does both holes get plugged? If they do get plugged are the plugs included in the kid? And to answer your original post, I am VERY interested!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I am interested. Can you do the cold pipe without adding the aftermarket BOV? So just a cold pipe and a hot pipe?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would definitely be interested in this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
TS, I know rhis might be a stupid question, but would the bpv hose going from the top of the ic to the intake pipe/cai/sri need to be re-used or does both holes get plugged? If they do get plugged are the plugs included in the kid? And to answer your original post, I am VERY interested!
There is no stupid question buddy, if you are asking about what I circled in red. 33333.png

When you put the block off plate, this stock bpv recirculating pipe become useless, there is no air pressure going there. I don't quite remember in which tread I saw this but I am sure lots can back me up on this. I personally will keep the hose there since ill be using the stock air intake so I wont need to block anything to not let the air get suck in.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This will work with the factory air box. If you want, you can rotate the BOV upside-down for the clean look also.

I just ordered 5 full setups worth to make the hot and cold pipes WITH BOV. I will also be ordering some straight pipes without the BOV port for the guys running the BOV on top of the intercooler. These kits will be 50$ less.

no plugs for anything will be needed.

The BPV recirc plate is blocked off by the block-off plate. Other than the port being open, it does absolutely nothing. No chance for anything to get in, no chance for leaks.

All vacuum lines get hooked up like stock. The kit just includes a longer line attached to the BOV so you can connect via 'Socks block', boost hack OR stock solenoid. It is all about building versatility into the kits.

Depending on how these sell, I will order more very soon so I can keep them stocked. I will also be bringing the stock intercooler with the setup installed to the BBQ for people to take a look at :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
This will work with the factory air box. If you want, you can rotate the BOV upside-down for the clean look also.

I just ordered 5 full setups worth to make the hot and cold pipes WITH BOV. I will also be ordering some straight pipes without the BOV port for the guys running the BOV on top of the intercooler. These kits will be 50$ less.

no plugs for anything will be needed.

The BPV recirc plate is blocked off by the block-off plate. Other than the port being open, it does absolutely nothing. No chance for anything to get in, no chance for leaks.

All vacuum lines get hooked up like stock. The kit just includes a longer line attached to the BOV so you can connect via 'Socks block', boost hack OR stock solenoid. It is all about building versatility into the kits.

Depending on how these sell, I will order more very soon so I can keep them stocked. I will also be bringing the stock intercooler with the setup installed to the BBQ for people to take a look at :)
You had me with "BBQ" but unfortunately, it's a bit of a drive and I already have your FMIC kit, I just need to install it. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
5 setups en route.

I also ordered some parts to make just hard piping replacements for those who have the BOV in the stock location for the other SQV setup, stock, kinugawa/forge/turboxs.

I will also offer those people who get the hard piping upgrades without BOV a cheaper option if they decide to upgrade to an aftermarket BOV in future so you can just buy the pipe with the BOV on it and swap out the straight portion.

Reactions: ruabel2
1 - 20 of 74 Posts