Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems as of late, there have been some issues with some faulty BOVs in the Turbosocks FMIC kits. I have replaced valves with working valves and the manufacturer has been notified and is in the process of fixing the issues.

After getting feedback and playing with different setups myself, I have decided to have all the current stock and future kits switched over to the HKS flange on my dime. This will not increase the cost of the kits and they will now come with an HKS style BOV.

The HKS style valve has always been a better style valve due to it being a pull type valve, all but preventing it from leaking. Not to mention, you can tune the sound of the valve, using HKS's valve insert kits or removing the valve completely. For the guys wanting to custom recirculate the valve, they make a re circulation fitting options also.

The pricing on the kit will stay the same. If you want to upgrade to the NEW style HKS BOV, it will be a 25$ upgrade.

The HKS style valve that will come in the kit will match the piping (polished aluminum)

The upgraded one will look like this (the one that comes with the HKS BOV adapter setup)

Here is the link for the adapter for those who may be interested:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=366&cat_key=440&prodname=Greddy+to+HKS+Blow+Off+Valve+Adapter

Please contact [email protected] as they might be able to get better pricing from Treadstone on this piece.

If you are not having issues with your BOV, there will be no point in doing this swap. This is for the guys having issues, which you will know of right away.

If you are wanting to connect to the stock solenoid to ensure no CEL, you can use one of these: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1300_1147&products_id=1275

I will need the old BOV's shipped back to me also, so I can send them back to the manufacturer for a refund/rebuild.

Thanks!

Turbosocks Performance

If you are interested in this and need it (your BOV leaks or whatever) PLEASE PM me or EMAIL me ([email protected]) As much as I'd like to keep track of the thread and read every post, I have 5-10 orders a day, 20+ PM's, other posts to reply to, FB messages, contact forms to respond to, etc. It will be MUCH easier to reply to your messages/emails then for me to search for who wants me to contact them!

·
Registered
701 Posts
For those of us with kits already will this be a direct swap or will we need an adapter of some sorts?

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those with the kits already, treadstone does make an adapter for it.

There are a few guys already running the adapter so I know that it fits.

If you are one that happens to have had issues with the Greddy style BOV, I can have the new HKS style sent but you will need to buy the adapter. Otherwise, if you are having issue (collective you) I can send a guarenteed working Greddy style free of charge (as always)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just read the edited original post, thanks for looking into this problem further because the one that came with my kit has caused me so many problems.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks Jeremy! Notice any difference after putting this bov on?

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Not to horn in. But if people are looking to swap over we could probably do better then the posted price as we have a decent discount there at Treadstone

·
Registered
701 Posts
It's louder than the other one :). In all honesty I had this BOV on the stock setup and put it on the FMIC as soon as I got the adapter for it.
I may have to update then. In all honesty I don't know if my current BOV has any issues. Didn't get to test it much before work called me away, but it might be a good thing to do just from a leak stand point it sounds like.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Also i forgot to ask, but what are the chances of throwing a CEL with this BOV?

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
no problem at all kyle.

If you can get them a better price on it, that would be great! I was going to have one made but there was already one made.

I will update the main post, directing people interested to 845 motorsports for better pricing on the adapter.

This BOV is a lot lighter and there isn't as much chance to throw a CEL. If you want to connect to the stock solenoid, you can always get the fitting Magladar has.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Im in for an adapter Kyle, please let us know when you get it all figured out.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Would people be looking for the hardware kit? I assume not. I will say the best way to do it is a group buy as that will help save on shipping for you guys Treadstone kinda kills ya on shipping. Case and point it's the same price to ship 1 as it is 10 lol. So a group buy would behoove you all as shipping will be bubble mailer from us and like 6 bux or something I would imagine.

Their price is basically 55 shipped. We should be able to cut about 5-10 off that. I will have to verify the price under our account. Long as it follows normal conventions that would probably be what you're looking at

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Would people be looking for the hardware kit? I assume not. I will say the best way to do it is a group buy as that will help save on shipping for you guys Treadstone kinda kills ya on shipping. Case and point it's the same price to ship 1 as it is 10 lol. So a group buy would behoove you all as shipping will be bubble mailer from us and like 6 bux or something I would imagine.

Their price is basically 55 shipped. We should be able to cut about 5-10 off that. I will have to verify the price under our account. Long as it follows normal conventions that would probably be what you're looking at
My adapter from treadstone came with the hardware/gasket and the hardware was needed as the bolts were lowered profile than the ones from the greddy knockoff to allow for install with the larger hks.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
My adapter from treadstone came with the hardware/gasket and the hardware was needed as the bolts were lowered profile than the ones from the greddy knockoff to allow for install with the larger hks.

Hope that makes sense.
How much was your kit. ? I'm just going based off the quick look you could very well be right I haven't held one in my hand :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts