Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright before we start I know there was a thread on this before, but I looked everywhere and can't find it. I also don't remember it being too descriptive so here we go, also no bashing anyone here please.

1.) What you get, is it worth the money?
2.) How many have had problems from Turbosock's?
3.) How many have had problems with 845 Motorsport's?
4.) How is the fitment with Turbosock's?
5.) How is the fitment with 845 Motorsport's?
6.) How easy was install on Turbosock's?
7.) How easy was install on 845 Motorsport's?
8.) Which FMIC cools better?
9.) How was your customer service experience?
10.) What are the advantages/disadvantages of both (part's compatibility, etc.)

If we can let's try and just refrain from anything other than a FMIC. This could be a very good thread for people like me, who are in the market for a FMIC. I myself think both look okay, the customer service I have experienced was on par from both. There really is one thing holding back right now, and that is performance. Please entertain the members on here who have not bought a FMIC yet! Thanks guys/girls :)!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
So far what I like about in is it doesn't take too much room in the garage. Not a big box and Nicely will packed box. I open it from time to time to drool. Then wife gets mad and makes me put it back up. Sad really. Everything is packed nicely. Well nice kit so far. :D I will tell you more when I install it when I get my VT :D

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
First let me say that I have installed both of these FMIC's. In fact I may have been the first or second to install the 845 Motorsports. I had several issues with fitment, but I believe Kyle addressed all those issues on subsequent kits. Both kits have there own little quirks when installing them, but nothing difficult. Both kits are centered; one with the grill opening, the other, with the radiator. Without having run both on my car, I really can't tell you if one is more efficient than the other. My guess would be that they are very close to one another. Both kits use the same basic core. In the end, it will come down to what you want. One has shorter pipe runs, while the other now has mandrel bent tubing. One has the BPV/BOV mounted on the IC, while the other has it on the Cold pipe. If you have a manual transmission, TS's may still have some of the V1 FMIC's still in stock and the price for them is fantastic.

The only reason I chose the 845 over the TS kit is, I wanted the core centered in the grill opening.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
this is well put Bruce!

Socks does have FMIC V1 for m/t cheap.

Both Kyle and Socks are great guys too. it is a pick your poison situation.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have the TS FMIC. Great set of instructions, easy to install, great customer service and great product. Can't comment on the 845 FMIC but my limited interaction with 845 has shown that they too have great customer service.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I have the TS FMIC. Great set of instructions, easy to install, great customer service and great product. Can't comment on the 845 FMIC but my limited interaction with 845 has shown that they too have great customer service.
You can say this with both FMIC. so to answer the OP. pick your poison and be happy! it is no red pill or blue pill.

I know you want one marathonveloster! Get them while they are hot :D

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Easy solution: buy 2 VTs and an FMIC from 845 & Turbosocks!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I -think- Tork may be working on one too. I've held off on an FMIC because until I get ready for a tune, I feel it wasn't really totally worth it yet. Plus I've spent too much money on everything else. I would like to see more products available too. Not that I wouldn't choose either of them but just to see what else the market comes up with. My personal preference would be to go with the 845 because the pipes are one piece. The down side to that is there's no available adjustment like there is on the TS kit like Pierce pointed out when he made the crash bar. It's just less points of failure, not saying it week fail or three are any issues, it's just a personal preference.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I guess the best answer is ...
As long as you ditch the stock side mount intercooler, you'll be much happier

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the ts I love it. I prefer the shortest piping route "less lag" but I do like the 845 being centered. I have had several of my friends ask "what's up wt your ic y is it not centered" I reply to them it gets more air if its off centered from the grill. In summary thats why I'm faster than your 30k civic SI

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
I guess the best answer is ...
As long as you ditch the stock side mount intercooler, you'll be much happier
This.
I was installing my 845 at the same exact time as Bruce. We were messaging back and fourth as we encountered questions and issues. But Kyle was there throughout, responding to us as quickly as he could.
And regarding the fitment problems we had, Bruce and I both had the first production versions. And we didn't wait for the instructions. And the modifications we needed to do were not more than an extra five minutes of work (once the three of us figured it out).
My initial choice of the 845 was based on flow profile. And had I to choose again, I would still choose Kyle's.
But, as had been said: they use the same core on the basic model. Both are way better than stock (tuned or not).
As for Nate, I cannot speak directly about his intercooler neither having seen or installed it. But in all my experiences with him as a business I can not think of one bad experience or a shoddy bit of kit he has sold.

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
I know what your doing, but this is not a cool thread Bro. You can't go comparing these 2 vendors like that. I would have just staright out asked what FMIC do you have & how do you like it? You don't want to make it a vs. game when 2 cool azz vendors are actually on the Forum...IMO. They are 2 completely different setups & prices. Both are much better than stock. We all know how much power 845 makes on their car & what TS is making on their ride. There are also plenty of threads already giving their input. It just takes a little work finding them. Good Luck on your decision & remember you get what you pay for. Both vendors & selling their products at the best price they can give, especially to guys on the Forum & they both reply to PM's pretty quickly :smile:

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Great thread thus far.

I am going to throw this out here real quick so we can keep it that way.

I don't want to see anyone bashing either kit in here and I don't want either myself or kyle to have any say in this.

We are both working hard for the community and we will continue to do so.

Keep the thread the way it is going and give the OP the info he is looking for so he can make his decision.

·
Banned
3,048 Posts
Like the Thread...Just not the Title :wink:

Like you said, just don't want to see any bashing, because you both do so much for the VT community :cool2:

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah I started a thread about this a few months ago and it got bad fast. Every one bashing each other not cool. Like it was said before both these guys are real cool I have not even bought somthing from them yet and they are still always there when I have a question about something.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts