Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Soooooooooooooooooooo..

After a long time and plenty of searching for the perfect can that wasn't tooo expensive but wasn't your typical ebay mediocre stuff..

I have found it!

First off, I am going to explain why I have picked this specific can.

• No stupid sight tubes.. GARBAGE.. JUNK JUNK.. All they are is a good point for a leak and get all nasty looking after a while.
  • Screw off type reservoir instead of drain cock (great point for leaking)
  • Oil dipstick to easily check the oil level to see if it is time to empty.
  • Plenty of capacity so you don't need to change often
  • Baffled Design to help condense the vapors in liquid to prevent from re-entering the system
  • NO draincock, common point of failure to leaks.
This is the ADD W1 can you can find on Amazon for 95$ shipped but this will be the complete kit to hook up the can for the VTurbo. It will include pre-cut lines (not crappy vacuum lines that collapse), necessary clamps, mounting bracket (like the one shown in the picture), etc.

Can will be available in Black, Blue, Silver or Red.

Looking to do a Group Buy at 110$ shipped. Normal price will be 120$ shipped.\

Pricing reflects US shipping only. Canada and international will be more. Will calculate once I have a finished kit.

51r03IPZn7L._SX342_.jpg
51Q8tMkDFnL._SX342_.jpg
image.jpg
image (1).jpg

Catch Can setup will work with all intakes except the K&N or stock. I can also look at doing one for the guys who have a stock intake. You guys will need longer hoses.

Need 10 people to do it at this price. Once we have 10 (pick your color) I will get working on making all the
brackets.

V.1 Passenger side mounted (by the coolant overflow)
V.2 Under the stock airbox (for you K&N guys and stock intake guys)
V.3 Mounted to the battery tie-down (for most people with aftermarket intakes)

1. JadeHawk-------------PAID--V1--RED
2. rockey.mccartha------PAID--V2--BLACK
3. PhiTau81680---------PAID--V3--BLUE
4. CJC------------------PAID--V1--RED
5. gp1300r--------------PAID--V3--BLACK
6. George M.------------Aussie Deposit paid 110$-custom kit
7. agentw0------------PAID--V3--BLACK
8. Taimaishoo----------PAID--V2--RED
9. Krueger81-----------PAID--V1--BLACK
10. WhiteBoy------------PAID--V1--RED
11. Gkaizer--------------PAID--V3--BLACK
12. iVeloT---------------PAID--V1--BLACK
13. lorenzosVT----------PAID--V3--BLUE
14. kpj313--------------PAID--V3--BLACK
15. BrokenEars----------PAID--V3--BLUE
16. Dmillinare------------50$ Deposit PAID--V1--BLACK
17. JGP-----------------PAID--V1--BLACK
18. mikpeet-------------PAID--V2--SILVER
19. ee_man--------------PAID--V2--BLACK
20. wbw------------------PAID--V1--BLACK
21. Coralkng ---------------PAID--V2orV3--RED
22. g4squared------------PAID--V1or2--SILVER
23. Darkness-------------PAID--V1--BLUE
24. KTTycoon------------PAID--V3--RED
25. ECKO-----------------PAID--V1--RED
26. chrmnxpnoy-----------PAID--V3--BLACK
27. 1V4N ----------------PAID--V3--SILVER
28. mwil025--------------PAID--V3--BLUE
29. Velociraptor2k13------PAID--V3--BLUE

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I wish the wife would let me mod the car :( id be so broke right now

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in, but I need it for the Stock intake (actually, need it for the Stock DIY intake) Blue Please

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
best lookn occ I've seen! eye candy. I see it hooks up to the top and bottom of battery bracket, good idea.

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Super Moderator
1,119 Posts
This is by far the best catch can i've seen. very nice design. I want one, but it will have to wait till the first of the year. I have christmas shopping to do :(

·
Banned
929 Posts
Soooooooooooooooooooo..

After a long time and plenty of searching for the perfect can that wasn't tooo expensive but wasn't your typical ebay mediocre stuff..

I have found it!

First off, I am going to explain why I have picked this specific can.

• No stupid sight tubes.. GARBAGE.. JUNK JUNK.. All they are is a good point for a leak and get all nasty looking after a while.
  • Screw off type reservoir instead of drain cock (great point for leaking)
  • Oil dipstick to easily check the oil level to see if it is time to empty.
  • Plenty of capacity so you don't need to change often
  • Baffled Design to help condense the vapors in liquid to prevent from re-entering the system
  • NO draincock, common point of failure to leaks.
This is the ADD W1 can you can find on Amazon for 95$ shipped but this will be the complete kit to hook up the can for the VTurbo. It will include pre-cut lines (not crappy vacuum lines that collapse), necessary clamps, mounting bracket (like the one shown in the picture), etc.

Can will be available in Black, Blue, Silver or Red.

Looking to do a Group Buy at 110$ shipped. Normal price will be 120$ shipped.

View attachment 13975
View attachment 13978
View attachment 13977
View attachment 13976

Catch Can setup will work with all intakes except the K&N or stock. I can also look at doing one for the guys who have a stock intake. You guys will need longer hoses.

Need 10 people to do it at this price. Once we have 10 (pick your color) I will get working on making all the brackets.

Hi,

Not trying to sabotage your sale but didn't you say once that a cheap OCC will give you the same results as an expensive one?
You said that on your OCC Thread.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well i got a saikou michi occ for sale with all the hoses needed and clamps for 65 bucks if any one is interested.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well ranger hes also saying that he will include all the necessary hoses and hardware so is not that bad of a sale actually.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hi,

Not trying to sabotage your sale but didn't you say once that a cheap OCC will give you the same results as an expensive one?
ya but look at what you can get for $110 price range and you will see how much nicer this one is. I didnt want the Mishimoto CC cuz I didnt like how it was 1 piece and the drain on the bottom was sketchy to me. Plus this looks so much nicer then everyone else.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is by far the best catch can i've seen. very nice design. I want one, but it will have to wait till the first of the year. I have christmas shopping to do :(
Agreed.... I want as well and will buy after first of the year

·
Banned
929 Posts
Guys I am not saying it is not worth it! I will get one myself in the coming months.

I just want to know if a cheap one does the same then whats the point in getting an expensive one. and if you look at his OCC thread he made a clear statement saying that there is no point in paying more money when you can get a cheap one and have the same results.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Guys I am not saying it is not worth it! I will get one myself in the coming months.

I just want to know if a cheap one does the same then whats the point in getting an expensive one.
Probably will. Just as a Toyota Prius will get you there just as well as a BMW or Benz.

·
Registered
675 Posts
well yeah they all do your paying a bit more for brand or better construction and how easy is to clean

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi,

Fair question. Yes, most of the cheap ones will function the same way but you will have to do extra things to create a baffle, add stainless steel media, make sure you get the RIGHT cheap can, etc.

I personally tried a couple different cans and each one I had to do tweaks to get them to function flawlessly without leaks.

One of them involved removing the drain cock and then would require tools to drain.

One of them involved crappy gaskets sealing the sight tube so I plugged those up. Worked well but then loooked silly with brass plugs in an otherwise purdy can and still required tools to drain.

The home depot oil/water separators also work well as long as you plug the drain port because you can unscrew them and have a nice micro filter (which can get clogged over time if you don't rinse) but they don't look very nice or have a good mounting point.

This was the best I could find that would be a no hassle unit and look amazing at the same time.

From my experience, most people still want the looks factor when doing any mod on top of not wanting the hassles of plugging this, changing this gasket out, making a bracket from toothpicks and nails, etc. After a bunch of back and forth, this is what I came up with.

The ports will be for the 3/8" line. I am going to look into doing the separate sized lines since the PCV at the IM is a different size than at the valve cover.

I will add names to the list and collect payment once we have 10, sound fair?

·
Banned
929 Posts
Fair question. Yes, most of the cheap ones will function the same way but you will have to do extra things to create a baffle, add stainless steel media, make sure you get the RIGHT cheap can, etc.

I personally tried a couple different cans and each one I had to do tweaks to get them to function flawlessly without leaks.

One of them involved removing the drain cock and then would require tools to drain.

One of them involved crappy gaskets sealing the sight tube so I plugged those up. Worked well but then loooked silly with brass plugs in an otherwise purdy can and still required tools to drain.

The home depot oil/water separators also work well as long as you plug the drain port because you can unscrew them and have a nice micro filter (which can get clogged over time if you don't rinse) but they don't look very nice or have a good mounting point.

This was the best I could find that would be a no hassle unit and look amazing at the same time.

From my experience, most people still want the looks factor when doing any mod on top of not wanting the hassles of plugging this, changing this gasket out, making a bracket from toothpicks and nails, etc. After a bunch of back and forth, this is what I came up with.

The ports will be for the 3/8" line. I am going to look into doing the separate sized lines since the PCV at the IM is a different size than at the valve cover.

I will add names to the list and collect payment once we have 10, sound fair?
Yep :cool2:

I want to get one but I can't now :crying: Christmas is almost here and I have to buy a lot of gifts :crying:

1 - 20 of 462 Posts