Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am unsure now if im going to get the VT.....i just spoke with the dealer....the one thati wanted to preference.....(elite white, fully loaded) is going to be right around 27k) and his manager told him that they will not take anything off of the MSRP because they will sell at MSRP...sooo between that price point....the MPG being 2 lower than the original stats they had on their site..im leaning on the other side of the fence :disappointed:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
upgrading my 525 to a 09 535....turbo 5 series bmw....i was looking at the veloster due to the fact of mpg better and it was supose to be cheaper...but the 535 isnt much les in mpg and around the same price....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just to play devil's advocate because only you know what is right for you, but...
A brand new VT with a 10-year 100,000 mile warranty is not at all like a 3-4-year used BMW that has no guarantee, and can be costly as helll when they need repair
I have been a member of BMW CCA for 15+ years, I've know a few owners

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know i have been one for 7 years myself :)....before i got my 05 525i i had a 95 M3 Dakar yellow with stage one dinan...they are more expensive to maintaine...but the comfort and power and options are kinda leaning that way....but you can get a whole lot of car for 27k.....just sayin :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tom, y is that...i have had 3 bmw's now and have never had a bad experience..just pricey to maintain.....im going to go testdriving some other options in that price range now...ill let you all know what i drive

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Just to play devil's advocate because only you know what is right for you, but...
A brand new VT with a 10-year 100,000 mile warranty is not at all like a 3-4-year used BMW that has no guarantee, and can be costly as helll when they need repair
I have been a member of BMW CCA for 15+ years, I've know a few owners
Couldn't agree more. The peace of mind of having a factory warranty for a long time is worth a lot.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
lol my dealer says MSRP is $22,XXX (not including txt, added charges, pkgs)
yeah, 22,725 or w/e MSRP for a base M/T...

most people don't want the base M/T though..

a FULLY spec'd out A/T, Ultimate with all the dealer added crap is about 27,000

22,725 + 200 Elite White + 1000 A/T + 2500 Ultimate = 26,425 + a few hundred in dealer add-ons..

granted you WILL be able to get a bunch of cars at 26,425 but it wont be NEW, include all the features and add-ons AND an awesome warranty. It really depends on what you are looking for in a car. If I didn't care about the mpg potential of the Vturbo along with the tech for the price, it wouldn't even be on my radar.

·
Registered
236 Posts
$27k does feel like it's starting to get up there, however why not just go with the VT Turbo w/o the options?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Automotive design Vehicle Product Car Motor vehicle
and thats before tax/title/reg

he also told me today that they got a email from the manufacture stating that they can charge up to 2k above msrp for the veloster turbo and the new genesis....supply and demand is a B#@$!...i agree that the warrenty is a nice little feature...but how many of you really are going to keep this car more than 4 years or 75k?? i get board after about 3 years and start getting the itch to buy...i dunno maybe thats just me :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Product
also if you are wondering what you can get for that price...from the same company....you can get the genesis 2.0T with some add ons for around the same price...im not trying to turn anyone away...cause i still love this car...but its just seems like they mayed the turbo too price for a "affordable sporty car"

or a scion fr-s for just a tick over 27 with a service plan and upgrades... just sayin...27 is a lot of chedder for what we where getting

·
Registered
13 Posts
So you can get a base model automatic genesis for the same price as a fully loaded special paint VT? I dont see the decision problem here.

The gen is a sport coupe, the veloster is a econo-hatch with a turbo thrown in it. (albeit one with a crapton of tech toys included that the genesis simply cant even approach)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was just throwling that out there as something that is in that price range that has the same warenty...you can get a mazda 3 speed hatch for 27 as well.... im not trying to start arguments here....just stated another car that was that price range...there is alot out there new or used that stacks up to and or passes the VT for 27....25 was the golden # for me...and now its 27+all the mumbo jumbo...soooooo it just was a kick to the stomach for me...

like i said...i fell in love with this car...then they had the turbo option sooooo iheld out...and now...i feel if i dont get the turbo i will kick my self in the butt...but if i do get the turbo i feel now that its too much...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like the car cheaper as well, but for me, im just dropping the ultimate package, i will miss the sunroof, but thats it, and honestly ive had too many sunroofs give out and stop working in my cars. so probably the best thing for me anyway

·
Registered
287 Posts
To the OP, I feel your pain, there is a lot to think about, a lot of options to weight, I have been there before in previous car buying decisions
For this next purchase though, my decision is easy, I want a hot hatch, and I have ruled out all the 3-doors available in the US, except the VT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts