Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm just griping now. Called half the dealers in a 300 mile radius looking for VT, and the only one I could find was in my last possible color choice. One dealer has the VIN of one I want, and claims its coming in "soon", and claims for all intent and purpose it's "sold" to me, but won't let me put down money until he gets a delivery date to secure it. Can't help but worry they'll slip up and sell it to someone else.

I'm getting somewhat antsy and impatient, even though I know there are very few VT's on the ground in the US. I'm half-way thinking about going with a non-preferential color choice, so at least I have something fun to ride. I'm really in need of a car, as right now I have just a motorcycle, and I've rode through thunderstorms the last two days due to not having a car, because I'm trying to hold out on a VT. Next choice is a Nissan Juke or Civic Si, which I like but nothing like a VT.

Sooo, anybody want to whine about being tired of waiting with me? :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I see people in Canada have seem to have their choices of VT, while here in the US we are still playing the waiting game. Earliest I've heard is mid-July from dealers in FL and not many of them. Very discouraging.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you so much for putting a voice to my feelings! My car is at the port authority in Oregon and has been for two weeks. Problem is a labor dispute at the docks which has slowed down the unloading process. Like you I have been without a car, since March. At the time the end of May was the target,then June first, then end of June......and here we are! Thanks for the opportunity to vent and PLEASE don't anyone tell me I'm a whiner.....I know that! I am also a customer holding close to 30k ready to buy!!!!

BTW Hyundai is starting to advertise August as their 'fuel saving' month so just wondering if they are holding off delivering cars until then jw

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for putting a voice to my feelings! My car is at the port authority in Oregon and has been for two weeks. Problem is a labor dispute at the docks which has slowed down the unloading process. Like you I have been without a car, since March. At the time the end of May was the target,then June first, then end of June......and here we are! Thanks for the opportunity to vent and PLEASE don't anyone tell me I'm a whiner.....I know that! I am also a customer holding close to 30k ready to buy!!!!

BTW Hyundai is starting to advertise August as their 'fuel saving' month so just wondering if they are holding off delivering cars until then jw
At least you know that much! "My" dealer apparently has a VIN, but no clue where it's at or when it'll get there. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wish dealerships would be able to see their allocations, even if they are weeks out still. I'm tired of hearing "well, we're getting one in with Ultimate and AT" (I want base MT). I'm sure one of these dealerships is going to get an allocation of the car I want one of these days, but I don't trust them to contact me in time to claim it.

So far I've been trying to avoid getting too involved with the dealers. What I mean is that I haven't gone in looking desperate and begged to be next on their list for cars they get in. Does this give me any more leverage when it comes to negotiating price (between invoice and MSRP) than if I were to let them know that I am desperate?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I keep bugging my sales manager here in austin and he jut keeps telling me ill call you when i hear anything, I hate waiting on people and thats a horrible thing to tell someone your doing business with. I have been trying to fix my mustang and currently getting rides to work from my gf... life sucks haha im hoping to get matte grey, white, or silver

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Vermont (VT), there are 8 Hyundai dealers within 200 miles, 7 of them have no idea when they're getting them in. The one closest to me expects to get 1 or 2 by the end of the month, but has no details of what packages/colors/transmission they will come in. Furthermore, he doesn't expect to get another shipment of VT's for 2 more months after that; and he only expects 1-2 to come in that shipment as well. So if the first two aren't what I want, then I have to wait atleast till September just to see the next shipment.

Based off the percentages of VT's that are automatic compared to manual, I don't know if they'll even have a manual in stock this year in Vermont. Basically trying to get a VT in VT is the worst!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The one closest to me expects to get 1 or 2 by the end of the month, but has no details of what packages/colors/transmission they will come in.
I think that is total bs, but it's pretty much what I've been told, too. They definitely know what models, colors, etc they are getting. I think he may be too lazy to decipher the model codes to figure out what they actually are.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you have a vin I think you can track the car most of the way to the dealer and as far as I know the vin is not top secret.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have a vin I think you can track the car most of the way to the dealer and as far as I know the vin is not top secret.
Please do tell, because I have a VIN#, they just supposedly don't have a delivery date yet, so won't let me secure it with a deposit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine is still in Port also, I am assuming Oregon with the others.... Mine is Silver, Ultimate, Manual and am super antsy to get it, but probably is a couple of weeks out, especially if the port is having labor issues......grrr. Once it gets cleared, I still have to wait for it to be trucked to Nebraska.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even though this thread deals with whining about the wait for your veloster, after watching the videos 4gcarbon posted in the videos section that show many of the VT colors in live footage, it's made me whiny about the grey matte. Whiney because the Grey Matte looks amazing compared to the rest of the colors when they're lined up side by side. This car looks like it was designed and tailored specifically for that paint.

But I live in Vermont, it's winter all the time here and it would be impossible to keep that car looking good here. So I'm forced to choose a lesser color. I wish they had that grey shade in regular paint like the normal veloster. I also wish they had the normal veloster rims from the tech package as an alternative option too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Mine is still in Port also, I am assuming Oregon with the others.... Mine is Silver, Ultimate, Manual and am super antsy to get it, but probably is a couple of weeks out, especially if the port is having labor issues......grrr. Once it gets cleared, I still have to wait for it to be trucked to Nebraska.
Anybody have any sources (news articles, etc) concerning this labor strike? Only place I read about it was on here, and didn't find anything on a google search. Would like to keep up with it to know if / when it was over.

Edit: this maybe? http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2012/07/portland_longshore_disputes_od.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in Atlanta working with three dealers and all I get is "We will call you when...". Ugh, I just want a date. I think even if the date was in September at least I would know and I would stop jumping every time my phone rings hoping it is the VT Fairy with news. I really want black or silver with the blue interior, automatic with the ultimate package. I think I would take any color except Vitamin C, White, or Matte Gray. It feels like Christmas Eve every day but there is no Christmas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am in Atlanta working with three dealers and all I get is "We will call you when...". Ugh, I just want a date. I think even if the date was in September at least I would know and I would stop jumping every time my phone rings hoping it is the VT Fairy with news. I really want black or silver with the blue interior, automatic with the ultimate package. I think I would take any color except Vitamin C, White, or Matte Gray. It feels like Christmas Eve every day but there is no Christmas.
Ha, I know the feeling. I've jumped twice today when I heard my cell phone ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm tired of getting the "but have you considered the .... <whatever is on my lot> instead?" response. Everyone is claiming they don't know anything other than "soon". Feels like I've been buying this car for months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went to Thornhill hyundai in Toronto, some other sales rep said apparently there is a workers strike in korea right now thus delaying production. Also said it may be delayed till November. I don't trust that guy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ugh... waiting sucks, but I think the uncertainty is what really makes it difficult. Seriously, I could go on Amazon right now and order some $15 dashboard hula girl to go with the car and I'd not only get a definitive delivery estimate but I could track it the entire way to see if anything goes wrong. But the $25,000 high-tech machine — nope. The dealership has to wait week-to-week to see what's coming in. And apparently, in many others' experience, even if they have a specific car planned for you they still have no idea where it is, when it will get here, whether it will love you back, etc.

I told myself I could act like a mature adult and just wait patiently, but I find myself coming here 2-3 times a day to see if anyone else has updates and checking every local dealer's inventory online just as frequently. On one hand, I'm kinda pathetic, but so is the way cars are imported and allocated to dealerships. It's 2012, get with the barrage-of-information culture already!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ugh... waiting sucks, but I think the uncertainty is what really makes it difficult. Seriously, I could go on Amazon right now and order some $15 dashboard hula girl to go with the car and I'd not only get a definitive delivery estimate but I could track it the entire way to see if anything goes wrong. But the $25,000 high-tech machine — nope. The dealership has to wait week-to-week to see what's coming in. And apparently, in many others' experience, even if they have a specific car planned for you they still have no idea where it is, when it will get here, whether it will love you back, etc.

I told myself I could act like a mature adult and just wait patiently, but I find myself coming here 2-3 times a day to see if anyone else has updates and checking every local dealer's inventory online just as frequently. On one hand, I'm kinda pathetic, but so is the way cars are imported and allocated to dealerships. It's 2012, get with the barrage-of-information culture already!
OMGEEEEE this is so me & sometimes I just get pissed off ESPECIALLY WHEN MY 12 y/o gas guzzling SUV acts up!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts