Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, new to the forum, have a 2013 VT Auto. Changed my map sensor today from the old part number one to the 39300-84400 one. Smoother accelerating etc. now. Quick question though, did anyone notice a slight increase in engine noise under load after installing? Thanks

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
It will only benefit the car if the other one went bad or was not clean. I believe 3 part numbers were made for the sensor and all will operate the same. None of them will cause any increased engine noise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will only benefit the car if the other one went bad or was not clean. I believe 3 part numbers were made for the sensor and all will operate the same. None of them will cause any increased engine noise.
Okay, my old one was a little oily but kept it clean, might swap back in to see if the noise disappears, could be a faulty sensor. Thanks

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
I do know there are counterfeit sensors out there as well. So be sure the sensor you use is from hyundai/kia/mobis

Reactions: RPW00Mirage

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
397 Posts
Yes you can use that for both.

It also seems Hyundai has replaced that one with one that has one bolt for the newer models. But it's specific for all the years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts