Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help we have a 2016 turbo. The key fob was left on top of the car and ran over. Is there anyway to start the car without the fob? The dealer say the don't know edit to clarify I have the emergency key and part of the key fob. So is there a way to start it with just the emergency key
Gas Measuring instrument Communication Device Auto part Security

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Is this a push button start?
Is there no place for the key to fit a key switch somewhere? 馃馃え

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's a push button start. So far I can't find any place to put the key I looked in the manual and all I see is place the key next to the push button but of course I don't have the rest of the key it's smashed to bits :(

Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
If push button no you will not be able to start without the FOB working.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah damn that's what I was afraid of and the dealer said they need to the car to program a new remote. So I have to get it towed to the dealer. Ugh.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Dumbest thing ever. 馃え馃檮
Glad mine uses a key.
Now if I just had roll up windows I'd be even happier. 馃槈馃榿
This is why the KISS theory always works.

Keep It Simple Stupid
馃し馃榿

Registered
Take the leftover parts of the fob you have and push all parts against the push to start button. Similar process if the fob battery was dead. If the chip is in the remaining parts it should start.

Registered
Take the leftover parts of the fob you have and push all parts against the push to start button. Similar process if the fob battery was dead. If the chip is in the remaining parts it should start.
This is what I would try. If it starts then maybe try getting a new battery and see if the fob works. If so, call a locksmith and see if they can get you a new fob.
I really prefer an actual key but auto makers seem to be moving away from those.

Super Moderator
do you have the other half of the fob? that is where the electronics are looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts