Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The US version of the VT comes with a few missing lights. The passenger-side glovebox has a spacer instead of a housing, and I didn't feel an available harness behind it (though I didn't check very carefully). I've also heard of OEM puddle lights installed in VTs overseas, in the side mirror housings.

Does anyone have any experience installing (or attempting to install) any of these lights in a US VT? What about photos of foreign VTs with the lights installed?

I'd like to use this thread to explore adding those lights to the USDM VT.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I can look in the service site and see what the wiring diagrams show.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The V's here don't have the puddle lights, though there is the cutout for them.
Can you get us some photos so we can see the difference(s)? It might be possible to add them with some tricky wiring. I'm just trying to see how involved it would be, mainly as a thought experiment.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Pictures of inside the mirror? I don't have a mirror I can disassemble...I just looked at our coworkers V. I can't do anything with his car, it's his. I'm not allowed to touch/remove anything. Picture of under the mirror I can do, but I think that would look the same?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures of inside the mirror? I don't have a mirror I can disassemble...I just looked at our coworkers V. I can't do anything with his car, it's his. I'm not allowed to touch/remove anything. Picture of under the mirror I can do, but I think that would look the same?
I actually think the KDM mirrors are different because of the motors, the wiring harness, and the glossy plastic as opposed to our matte plastic. I also think I've seen cutouts for the puddle lights.

Photos of the exterior of the mirrors is completely fine, but I'd really love to see them from below, to see any cutouts or spacers.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
20130605_200503.jpg
Puddle cutout.

Mirrors are a little different because of the motor, yes, and the extra 2 wires or so to make the mirrors move up/down.

20130605_200600.jpg

Mirrors folded.. not the best pic of the mirror.. Coworkers car. All of the veloster products (except for the turbo reflectors and the headlight) is based off this car. The headlight of the turbo was installed on this car for the video.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll need to compare our mirror wiring harness to the KDM one and see if it would be possible to get the puddle lights installed. Hmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts