Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Chris and i just scored a Turbo Veloster. I have recently built a 335i twin turbo to about 550whp and now its time to start on this car.

I need a decent intake, bov, downpipe, exhaust, and oh a tune as well. I am used to tuning with a piggy back or flashable hardware/software and I am researching tunes now.

I need to get in a few posts before I can ask in the buy section so I apologize for starting this thread.

Anyone with used parts, please PM me or respond to this thread.

Thanks and Hello!

Chris S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So many looks and not one drop in, great forum. I don't mind vendors dropping in to say, buy my tune because.......

BTW, I love the pops and gurgles! Is there only one tune that offers that?

·
Registered
310 Posts
What model year do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I am in a 15 MT Turbo. I really need a tune so I can enjoy some of the aftermarket mods I have my eyes on. Oh and did I mention, I like pops and gurgles? Is there only one tuner offering that now?

·
Registered
533 Posts
thanks, I am in a 15 MT Turbo. I really need a tune so I can enjoy some of the aftermarket mods I have my eyes on. Oh and did I mention, I like pops and gurgles? Is there only one tuner offering that now?
I believe we are on the only ones offering the pops and gurgles.

We have more interesting things we are doing also, so stay tuned (pun intended).

Reactions: Flareon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's also a Veloster sell/buy group on FB. Lots of stuff for sale there... but not much info on it.
I tried, everything good there is sold already. I figure here, someone thinking about parting out their car for say an EVO or something could contact me first.

Anywhoo, I am looking an turbo down pipe, upgraded waste gate solenoid, (prob get a NIB), axle back exhaust.

I am used to seeing tunes for sale but I guess this car doesn't offer a piggy back option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I bought some new parts, an intake and a blow off plate. Car should sound fast anyway. I really need a tune and maybe an exhaust. I see hot side and cold side pipes too, I guess at 20+ psi the little things start to add up. I just want a reliable, fun, and fun sounding car. I don't want an exhaust that is so loud that nobody wants to ride with me either, but I am looking for a bit more of a tone when driving.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'd like to hear it
The bov from bpv mod is fun but just makes me want more

Turbo Got Dam it
13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
1/2 Gut
Modded airbox
BPV to BOV
More to come.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
might be returning the Blow Off Plate, heard its crap.
It is crap, get a real BOV. I've had quite a few exhaust setups on my car and the best sounding one I ended up with is my catless DP (for the tune) stock mid pipe and custom axle back. When you remove the downpipe on these the exhaust gets loud, drones and doesn't sound very good with most cat backs. I drove for a good while on just a catless DP and I liked the sound, little too quiet for me but better than stock.

You should really consider first what kind of power your aiming to get out if it. That will save ya time and money on parts parts that will become a weak spot or overkill. For example, You don't need a 3" anything in the exhaust if your not going for 250+whp. It's just wasted money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts