Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I've been having a plethora of issues with my daily (2016 DCT VT). I've been to dealers (they all suck in south carolina/georgia). My car is also modded, so they also don't like helping because of that. (Catback exhaust, custom fmic, cold air intake, pierce catted downpipe, ptfe fuel lines, turbosmart BOV, Dual OCC, upgraded solenoids). The car has also had it's HPFP and Turbo replaced at around 60k and 40k miles from previous owner. It currently sits around 88k miles. Recently I've been getting issue after issue. It all went to shit after a day where my old cold air intake filter got waterlogged on a flooded day in my neighborhood.

Since then, my dash has been just lighting up with DTCs and it haven't caught a break.

My current issue is at WOT: car cuts out and goes into limp mode under high load. Power cycling the car retracts the issue until replicated. Typically on uphills, or in 5th gear around 4-5k rpm.

P0299 and B1764 -
Turbo Underboost & OCS Mat Defect (Passive Occupant Detection System)

I've done some digging around the forum (links at bottom) and just want to make sure my current theory isn't a dumb rabbit hole that someone could pull me away from and lead me in the right direction. My current theory is thinking that I got water in the vacuum pump which is most likely deteriorated now and either cap/assembly needs to be replaced. Is this a possibility given the underboost and the airbag issues? I plan on inspecting the assembly tomorrow.

It's also worth noting my AC outlet inverter isn't functioning properly as well.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
204 Posts
My current issue is at WOT: car cuts out and goes into limp mode under high load. Power cycling the car retracts the issue until replicated. Typically on uphills, or in 5th gear around 4-5k rpm.

P0299 and B1764 -
Turbo Underboost & OCS Mat Defect (Passive Occupant Detection System)
Also worth checking the wastegate solenoid. I had an issue when I first got mine (around 104k miles)where when I would go full throttle, it would pull through first and second gear, but then lose all power in 3rd. After replacing the solenoid, the car drives normally. Not sure if you've got the same symptoms, but the vacuum pump usually throws way more codes than just underboost and OCS mat

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
Flooded car + electronic controlled car is a no go. May issues are likely electronic related which can be a pain.

Reactions: Jpoow1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also worth checking the wastegate solenoid. I had an issue when I first got mine (around 104k miles)where when I would go full throttle, it would pull through first and second gear, but then lose all power in 3rd. After replacing the solenoid, the car drives normally. Not sure if you've got the same symptoms, but the vacuum pump usually throws way more codes than just underboost and OCS mat
I installed the MAC EBCS solenoid yesterday and did some hard pulls right away and still replicated the issue. I replaced the wastegate with oem about a year back and it fixed it temporarily. This seems to be a different issue now. You’re not wrong with it being more of a Christmas tree though with the vacuum pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts