·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Reactions: TURGIN

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Lmao, hey the man is just tryn to buy food for his family. He told me his stage name is Hyperion "the jewel" lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've checked on ebay and noticed that some of the catch cans have breathers, does this make a difference or is that type of catch can not recommended for the VT ?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not recommended. Vacuum is good. The valve cover vent feeds fresh air from the intake into the crank case, the pcv side vents the bad air out into the intake manifold. Even though the pcv works under positive pressure the vacuum from the intake assists in getting rid of it. Some VTA on the valve cover vent, but I prefer to have a closed system.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
i bought an oil catch can from ebay, but it seems really big. Is this normal? Or should I order a Saouki one. . .
Really big is a bit vague. How big is really big? What are we talking about. Can of Coke? Can of Fosters? Or can of nacho cheese sauce from the big-box-store?
Mines in the soda can/monster can sized range and works quite well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Really big is a bit vague. How big is really big? What are we talking about. Can of Coke? Can of Fosters? Or can of nacho cheese sauce from the big-box-store?
Mines in the soda can/monster can sized range and works quite well.
Sorry. I've never used a OCC, and not really sure how big they were supposed to be. Its like can of coke size (3" diameter by close to 7" long). That seems very big. . .

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161289000295?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
11,486 Posts

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
The only thing I can see is the drain could be difficult to operate when times come to draining the OCC.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
TurboSocks

Turbosocks also sells the Add W1. Comes with all the hoses, clamps, adapter and bracket specific for our application.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
IMO don't buy a catch can with an external tubing. They leak and there crap. I refuse to sell them anymore. I would either go with the internal window that I sell or a an ADD W1 or W2 catch can...They are at least reliable and if you honestly need to see when its full there is an issue. If your like me you check your car weekly if not daily.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I saw a video were a guy installed a 40 micron Fragola fuel filter after the oil catch can. Does anyone know if these are worth getting or if they can be used for this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
what is the benefit of having a breather filter on the oil catch can?

21 - 40 of 78 Posts