Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Now.... I picked a mishimoto 2 port baffled, will pick up a check valve, extra hose, and a small filter... with a filter on the end maybe i wont have a big mess on underneath
cause im kinda a neat freak..
pics when you done homie, I wanna see you're setup :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I know I've already asked a few times. I have my catch can inlet from the breather hose going back into the intake. 1. Do I need a check valve before running it back to the intake? 2. Not sure if this is caused by vaccum but when cruising speed around 80 I have a dvt, when I'm 3rd I give it alot of gas to pass someone kind of sound like surging. Could this be caused by no check valve? My oil doesn't seem low at all but not sure why this is happening. Seems like it only happens when engine bay is hot.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
You only "need" a check valve on the PCV side. Valve cover doesn't need one. With the DCT it could be several things causing that. You gotta tell us a little more. Mods? Tune? Driving style? Etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No tune yet. Only mods so far is catch can and resonator delete pipe, cone filter. I took out the stock airbox to fit cone filter. Driving style is like Mohammed Ali, float like a butterfly sting like a bee haha.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Now.... I picked a mishimoto 2 port baffled, will pick up a check valve, extra hose, and a small filter... with a filter on the end maybe i wont have a big mess on underneath
Wise :smile:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
So I know I've already asked a few times. I have my catch can inlet from the breather hose going back into the intake. 1. Do I need a check valve before running it back to the intake? 2. Not sure if this is caused by vaccum but when cruising speed around 80 I have a dvt, when I'm 3rd I give it alot of gas to pass someone kind of sound like surging. Could this be caused by no check valve? My oil doesn't seem low at all but not sure why this is happening. Seems like it only happens when engine bay is hot.
You have to describe that sound some more but I'll tell you whats happening at that speed.

You primary cat is hovering around 1500 degrees at that speed so when you give it gas to pass, but not going wide open, you are sending a very lean fuel mixture through the cat. That causes the cat temp to rise quickly. This car, especially without a tune, will do a few things to control torque output when its hot. All of them make the car feel sluggish and like it's hesitating.

That noise could be from a lot of things but it's normal with your mods.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Is that the compact can? If so, that one is garbage; lots of oil gets by due to insufficient baffling and having a bronze screen right before the outlet. Oil wicks through the bronze screen. You want all the filtering to take place on the inlet side.

Here is a can I recently found and recommend over the other cheap ones, as it has decent baffling and additional stainless media can be easily added between them. Easy to take apart to empty and clean.

TTRacing can on Amazon for $70. They also have one with slightly larger baffles for ~$95.

This one has a dipstick also for quickly checking content level.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is not my car or my video...mines a 2014...and I fully believe what you say about it being the cat and lean mixture when not wot and just trying to pass....the sound itself it just a little scary though lol

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Does your pulse like that? Sounds like the RCV pulsing to bleed off boost.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes pretty much exactly like that....only when after like 30 mins of driving when everything heats up....or at least that's the only time I notice it when everything is at operating temps. Could it have anything to do with my wastgate spring or the wastegate itself?

·
Premium Member
14’ VT MT
26 Posts
Has Anyone here used/installed an Evil Energy OCC/PCV? I just received 2 today, one OCC the other a breather. Im curious to see how much or how little they collect.

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
what does it look like inside?

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
you can use either the paperclip or the "picture" looking picture.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
526 Posts
Has Anyone here used/installed an Evil Energy OCC/PCV? I just received 2 today, one OCC the other a breather. Im curious to see how much or how little they collect.
Here's an example of my catch can at 1500 miles of use.
C53CF98E-4374-4320-AAE0-AEDD11DC64D4.jpeg

I just bought some extended bottoms (7 ounce size compared to 2 ounce pictured) and drain valves for better breathing and longer service intervals too.
I'm also converting my 3 can setup to 2 for space savings. 😁

Get that can installed and enjoy a cleaner combustion process. 👍

61 - 78 of 78 Posts