Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not going to troll the site asking questions about it b/c I think we're all in the same boat. But I've reached out to 2 dealers in my area (New Orleans) and one said they have no idea. However, the other emailed me back saying their sales people were going to be in training this week on the Veloster Turbo and she would get back to me hopefully by Thursday with more info. Found that interesting since most everything else I've read has been dealerships throwing out random guesstimate release dates. If/when I hear something back I'll update.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome to the forum Poet. Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to check with the dealers around the Austin area to see what they are saying. Hopefully you'll hear some good news on Thursday!

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's awesome! Have you talked to the dealership to find out when they are expecting to get some on the lot?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay guys. I talked to that dealer last week, and a few times since, and they said they did have some very basic "training" on the car but they didn't receive any new information about the pricing or release.

I did go by the other dealership that initially told me they had no idea about anything regarding the VT and test drove a standard V and the sales guy said he was actually at that training as well. The best he could tell me was that they are "expecting to get some of their 2013 models soon". Whatever the hell that means. And from what I gathered from him, the "training" on the VT focused more on how to care for the Matte Gray paint than anything else lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5/31/12 from an un-named source in north american distribution - "...Cars should be arriving at dealerships middle to late June." and further says...The leather is black with either a white or blue bolstered area.

Exterior colors are Black, White, Silver, Orange, Blue, and Pearl White.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i just test drove the regular v and its small almost uncomfortable and my girlfried is about 5"6 sitting in the back said she had about an inch till she was gunna hit her head on the headliner... i hope they adjust the turbo!!!
That's odd. I'm 6'1" and fit just fine. My gf is about 5'7" and when she sat in the back she said she loved it and could fall asleep back there. lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
How tall are you? I can't imagine the footprint of the turbo would be any different. Is the lack of space a deal killer for this car then?

i just test drove the regular v and its small almost uncomfortable and my girlfried is about 5"6 sitting in the back said she had about an inch till she was gunna hit her head on the headliner... i hope they adjust the turbo!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I test drove the base veloster today. Loved it, especially knowing how much better the turbo is gonna be. Im super stoked! But when asking the dealership about availability, they say they still have yet to be told price information. They also said that after being notified of pricing, it usually takes about a month to get the cars in. I gave the saleswoman my number and she said she would call me as she finds out updates. When she does call, I will be sure she orders one in black, loaded....that way I don't have to wait any longer than they r already making me! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At this point I've got the dealers waiting to hear from me lol. I have 3 who are supposed to call/email me if they hear anything and 2 of those asked me to do the same if I heard something lol. Good stuff.

·
2,385 Posts
Whaaaaat??? What about the Matte Gray? Isn't that available as part of the "Limited Edition" run for an extra $500?!?
I would be seriously bummed if I couldn't get the matte gray.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I moving from NY to Florida and I been looking at dealers as well but since they are trying to sell you a car right at that moment,I notice they make up a far date so I end up settling for the genesis coupe or the Veloster 2012 but .I am sorry but it has no pick up the 2012 version . I also drove the Kia Forte which is ok but not worth the price , the Ford Focus no pick up as well ,good design . the automatic Volkswagen GTI , very nice car but their packages and it is too expensive . I will be posting more as I keep test driving . I am willing to wait for Veloster Turbo ,can`t wait .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am on the same boat
At this point I've got the dealers waiting to hear from me lol. I have 3 who are supposed to call/email me if they hear anything and 2 of those asked me to do the same if I heard something lol. Good stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered mine an hour ago...There were 2 models available, the base model which is very similar to the Style package and includes the obvious engine upgrades advertised and a $2500 upgrade gets you the navigation, sun roof, backup warning, 115V outlet and auto headlights. I passed on the $2500 upgrade as I've had a sun roof for 9 years that was opened probably 9 times and settled on the Shiftronic automatic in matte gray ($1000 upgrade). Expected delivery is 1st week in July.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did u order it through a dealer or online? Im waiting for the dealer here to call me with info..I highly doubt that im finding out the pricing info before them lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Through a dealer here in Connecticut, got out of work early and thought I would stop in to ask. Salesman had zero idea until I told him pricing was announced today, he went upstairs and came down with a printout of the options and pricing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 89 Posts