Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the matte gray and currently there is only 1, ONLY 1 available in the country as of right now and all the dealers are currently trying to grab it from a Virginia dealer.
The additional price to get that car is about an extra $3,000.
My dealer has told me that I can get one from the next batch which can take up to 30 days, 60 tops.
Only problem is I need a car this month and they can't guarantee it'll be within 30 days.
So, I might be forced into another color.
If my current car wasn't white i'd get the elite white in a heartbeat but my parents and siblings and I don't white two cars that are white (Kia Forte 2010).

What colors look good in person?
I never get to see one because the dealers never have any and sold out all the time.
I typically hate black and silver and the orange, blue, and red are pretty daring colors.
What do you guys recommend for those of you who have seen these colors in person?
Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Wow semajhan! I too was in a bind when it came to get my VT. I wanted black or red, but since I only had one week to find my VT, I opted for the white. It is a beautiful bright pearly white, kinka like sparkly snow. There is a depth to the color that you can appreciate when you look at it in bright sunlight. I have seen the silver, and is well silver. Looks classy. Blue is really deep hue, almost looks purple-ish depending on the sunlight. Red pops but I love how the tail lights look on the red, and it is not a tomato red. Black is very nice, especially since all the black of the grill and back blends into the car. Vitamin C is simply gorgeous but it not an easy color to find like the matte. Grey I have not seen in person so I can't say there. So there is not really much you can do about the matte. I say go for the car that you want in terms of options, gear box, etc but don't worry to much about the color. I am in love with my white. It is a car that looks great in any color. Pick the car in what ever color you find; after all, when you are driving it, you can't see the color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might just wait for the Matte Gray.
I'm one of those who start regretting AFTER NOT purchasing an item with the specifications I originally wanted, haha.

What do you think would look better, black interior with blue trimming or gray trimming?

And my final problem is learning manual before I get the car hehehe...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Again, I wanted grey trim, but could not find it in time, so I got blue trim. I like it! The cars that came to FL most had blue trim. It pops against the black leather and matches the blue of the instrument panel. I don't like to wait too much. I am one who believes in grabbing what you can get now, than waiting for what you want to show up later. BTW where are you located?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've been looking at the matte gray and currently there is only 1, ONLY 1 available in the country as of right now and all the dealers are currently trying to grab it from a Virginia dealer.
The additional price to get that car is about an extra $3,000.
My dealer has told me that I can get one from the next batch which can take up to 30 days, 60 tops.
Only problem is I need a car this month and they can't guarantee it'll be within 30 days.
So, I might be forced into another color.
If my current car wasn't white i'd get the elite white in a heartbeat but my parents and siblings and I don't white two cars that are white (Kia Forte 2010).

What colors look good in person?
I never get to see one because the dealers never have any and sold out all the time.
I typically hate black and silver and the orange, blue, and red are pretty daring colors.
What do you guys recommend for those of you who have seen these colors in person?
Thanks.
I'll throw my situation out there. I was dead set on getting a dark grey or black car while I was car shopping. I wasn't even going to consider other colors. I'm a black kinda guy. I love all black, or dark. Just a look I like. Well I went to my local Hyundai right before getting ready to sign the papers on a completely different car. I wanted to at least give the Veloster a fair shot. They had ONE base White and ONE VT in Boston Red with a flat black stripe. Having never so much as considered red I was instantly in love with how the VT looked in red and couldn't be happier. It looks awesome, turns heads, and gets tons of compliments.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like both interiors. Don't worry about waiting, I have been told my total wait will be 20 weeks (5 months) from when I put my "order" in back in July for a Light Grey pearl (Canadian colour). I could have gone with others colours and had the car months ago but would have regretted not waiting for exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Georgia.
I wish I could see these in person though.
I always thought the matte gray in blue trimming would look nice, but i'd also have to look at the gray trimming and compare.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like both interiors. Don't worry about waiting, I have been told my total wait will be 20 weeks (5 months) from when I put my "order" in back in July for a Light Grey pearl (Canadian colour). I could have gone with others colours and had the car months ago but would have regretted not waiting for exactly what I wanted.
This is what I am afraid of >_<

·
Registered
344 Posts
I did not want a silver car at all but I saw a silver VT at the dealership where I got mine a few days ago and was really impressed. In fact, it probably would have jumped to my #2 choice. Looks amazing in person. You can't really go wrong with any of the VT colors. It depends on if you want flashy or conservative. I'm lucky, I got both with matte gray.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Ironman Silver....only because it was what was coming into the dealer and bought sight unseen because we didnt want to risk not getting one at all. It seems very easy to keep clean, and overall very happy with the color. My dealer here in metro ATL cannot keep any turbos in stock. They have had a Vit-C, White, my Ironman, and a Boston Red is due to hit any day now. They pretty much are presold or sell within a day or two of hitting the lot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called the dealer again and they are going to look to see if there is an Elite White available.
Elite White or Matte Gray.
Can't wait.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I called the dealer again and they are going to look to see if there is an Elite White available.
Elite White or Matte Gray.
Can't wait.
Good Luck! The Elite White I bought was the first at my local dealer, and just the other day, the sales guy told me that it has been the only one at that dealer. All the other have been red, black, silver or blue, no matte either. I guess Elite Whites are not too common here in South FL.

·
Registered
34 Posts
According to my salesman the dealership actually sat on the Elite White turbo they had in inventory for about 2 weeks...I was shocked! And if anyone is in the market in the Atlanta area I highly recommend my salesman & dealer. Most mellow and stress free purchase EVER.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm in Atlanta GA...
Might give them a call...

·
Registered
250 Posts
HOLD OUT!!! Just leave, and come back later. They'll FIND the color you want.

They told me they couldn't find a Vitamin C Turbo M/T..... I left. They called me and said they located one the next day. I came in, it was one with Ultimate package. I didn't want the ultimate package since I didn't want the Sun Roof and the extra price tag. Couldn't work the numbers down to what I wanted... left again.

They called me two days later, came back in, exact one that I wanted. Had it shipped in, 2 days later I drove it off the lot. Less than a week for everything.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
hold out for the Matte Grey... you wont be disapointed. Its not hard to take care of at all. The matte grey V is soooo sexy looking, you will be glad you waited.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be honest, my favorite color is white EVERYTHING.
Be it computers, all sorts of electronics, or cars.

I was going to test drive an automatic yesterday but as soon as work ended I got a call that they sold the Boston Red that I was going to drive.
They now have an Elite White VT in black seats with blue trimming M/T and people are already asking for it in the area but they are holding it for me.
I think i'll grab the white.
I was reading a different post where one guy had a white VT and changed his headlights and looked super nice.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ed Voyles Hyundai in Atlanta had a Matte Grey VT in their showroom for several weeks. They worked to find me a Blue VT M/T and at that time only one existed and it was at a dealer in Louisiana.

In order to get my Blue one they had to swap the Matte Grey one to that dealer. Sure enough, when I picked mine up the Matte Grey one was gone.

After I had bought the Blue one though another dealer called and magically they had a Vitamin C one for me. When I asked if it was a M/T they said yes, but when pressed they admitted it had a "manual mode". So yeah, it pays to wait but if you really want a specific one you might want to jump on it.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.