Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my VT all fixed!
I'm just found a little "duh" tip after reading the manual. After getting used to using the key fob to unlock car for most of my driving life, I just discovered it's more convenient to keep the fob in your pocket the whole time and just use the door handle button to open the car. As long as the fob is in proximity, one press opens the driver door, two presses opens all doors. Since it has button start, then the chances you leave the fob in the car is reduced.
Anyone has little tips like this to share?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
User settings menu allows you to customize things like the locks, auto lights and maintenance reminder.

Also, if the car is low on gas or hasnt reached operating temperature, the ECU will probably limit boost much like Hyundais other turbo cars.

·
Registered
730 Posts
does anyone know if you can turn 2 stage unlock on and off or is it just preset?
I assume you are talking about unlocking the doors with one click at the key or the door, instead of two....press and hold the trip computer button, you will get into the user setup menu. Option is in there to do one or two clicks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I assume you are talking about unlocking the doors with one click at the key or the door, instead of two....press and hold the trip computer button, you will get into the user setup menu. Option is in there to do one or two clicks.
SWEEEEEEEET

Now all we need is hold lock on the FOB to roll up windows or hold in the lock on the door handle, much like my VW GTI had :)

Reactions: vtlover67

·
Registered
730 Posts
My BMW had the option to lower the windows with pressing the open button, and it was nice for the hot weather down here in Miami, you know...let the car cool down before jumping into it. But, just leave your A/C on and remote start your car, it works the same way. I love that option, and use it a lot.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You can buy window and roof relay kits from SharkRacing. I'm not sure if the have any Velosters specific Verizon's, but they have them for basically every other Hyundai.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My BMW had the option to lower the windows with pressing the open button, and it was nice for the hot weather down here in Miami, you know...let the car cool down before jumping into it. But, just leave your A/C on and remote start your car, it works the same way. I love that option, and use it a lot.
So all A/T VT come with remote start?

·
Registered
76 Posts
From the Hyundai website.....requires push button start and Blue Link services activated.

Remote vehicle start**

Ever start your car with your phone? Well, Blue Link can start your Veloster via a mobile phone app, a toll-free number or the Owner's Website, provided you have push button start. This feature, available late 2012, can help you cope with extremes in weather, allowing you to remotely start your car while it is locked securely, then heat or cool the interior of the vehicle before you start your drive.

See more blue link features

**Late availability. Not available on all models. Requires push button start and automatic transmission.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Those with ultimate package (smart key option), auto only. In other words, auto with push start button.
Base auto VT has remote start as well - again, only if you have bluelink activated.
To clarify: all VTs have push button start & smart keys - Auto VTs have remote start with bluelink

Reactions: vtlover67

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here is one guys.

So you want to play music from your iPhone from a streaming source (soundcloud, podcasts, pandora, youtube, etc.) or anything except the actual music stored on the phone, but you don't want to run it through bluetooth because the bluetooth audio sucks right? And you don't have an Aux cable? Take your iphone USB cable, plug it into the USB port. Headunit will start automatically in on your music collection. While that's going, go ahead and open up whatever you want to stream, hit play, wait a few seconds and it will start playing in place of the phone stored music.

TA-DA.

Reactions: jjmichael65

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I haven't had much of a problem with the audio quality over Bluetooth so I haven't experimented with the USB connection.

But thanks to your suggestion I will try it.

Does your phone charge over USB?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I haven't had much of a problem with the audio quality over Bluetooth so I haven't experimented with the USB connection.

But thanks to your suggestion I will try it.

Does your phone charge over USB?
My RAZR Maxx doesn't charge on the USB... I do notice some tweeter distortion using bluetooth.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dude, thank you!

that's been buggin me since i got my car lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts