Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So yes, we will make it in Carbon Fiber, but carbon is getting very pricey, just FYI. Otherwise, the reason we go with urethane for these pieces is so you can beat them up. It is quite true, the fiberglass ones, especially the front lip spoilers, can easily be cracked when you hit a curb or something like that. We are not a paint shop so painting these is not feasible for us - but there are many paint shops and they probably wouldn't charge too much to paint these pieces - they know what they are doing for the most part :) Here is another pic of the show car we did - again, not a VT but essentially the pieces will be the same. The front spoiler will bolt to the existing front, same with the side skirts. It looks best when you lower the car but you don't have to - you get a lowered look with the added body pieces. I'll pass on the word about the flares :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Gonna need some other angles of the spoiler. Also, if this mounts to the 10 mm bolts underneath, this may cause an issues for those of us with FMICs that cut tabs off for clearance.
We will have a VT here in the shop - we will make sure there are no issues if the tabs are cut off.
Your request is for more pics of the front spoiler or the rear?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Also good news on the Flares - we can make those right now - check out the ones on the show car. They give you about an extra 25mm tire size. I'll put them on the website - they will be fiberglass, bond on or use double-sided tape.
View attachment 31630

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Also good news on the Flares - we can make those right now - check out the ones on the show car. They give you about an extra 25mm tire size. I'll put them on the website - they will be fiberglass, bond on or use double-sided tape.
View attachment 31630
Do you have better angles of them?
Edit: also in the picture it doesn't look like it is separate pieces that attach to the fender and then bumper. That could get annoying real fast.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Finally a company that is coming through, I like you!

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
View attachment 31630
Flare needs a split at the bumper line. We take off our front bumpers a lot. Heck can't even change low beams without removing the bumper. Fix that and I will order a set and slap 255s on my wheels.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Flares won't stop your tires from hitting your fenders if your lowered. Unless you trim the stock fender before installing the flare.

Is this correct..??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Flares won't stop your tires from hitting your fenders if your lowered. Unless you trim the stock fender before installing the flare.

Is this correct..??
Our show car was lowered about 1.5 inches and we did not have an issue.......However IF you are building a track car and dropping it more... yes you will need to cut your stock fenders and the flares will hide that....does this help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Flare needs a split at the bumper line. We take off our front bumpers a lot. Heck can't even change low beams without removing the bumper. Fix that and I will order a set and slap 255s on my wheels.
I understand that you are removing the bumper frequently... however it would be quite simple for you to either split the flares yourself before installing them, or cut them off at the bumper line...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I understand that you are removing the bumper frequently... however it would be quite simple for you to either split the flares yourself before installing them, or cut them off at the bumper line...
I agree, not interested in a half finished product. I want to be able to get them, slap them on, and forget about it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Our show car was lowered about 1.5 inches and we did not have an issue.......However IF you are building a track car and dropping it more... yes you will need to cut your stock fenders and the flares will hide that....does this help?
Yes it does, thank you. i won't be lower than 1.5". So it actually helps alot. might have to look into these BEFORE I buy my rims.

So I guess 18x10s all the way around...? I could get a nice concave rim with flares...lol

I might have to sell my Bobber now..lmao.

Meh. Not interested in a hack job.
I agree they need to be 2 pieces. I hope you guys use AWESOME 3m tape.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I don't buy that you won't rub without cutting the fenders. People rub now, why would adding a fender flare without cutting stop you from rubbing when without a fender flare you would rub? That goes against all logic.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Keep in mind that flares usually take a lot of work and fender work like cutting but I'm very interested xD

21 - 40 of 53 Posts