Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Veloster Turbo or Dodge Dart R/T?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cereal killer 
#1 ·
Kind of in a bind here and I know this may not be the best place to ask this question but hopefully I'll get some balanced opinions :) Huge fan of the Veloster (Turbo) and I really am thinking seriously of purchasing. I love the odd lines of the car and think it's very appealing aesthetically but something has happened. I have been looking at the Dodge Dart R/T and it has really gotten my attention. The interior is awesome. Bucket seats, Red LED outlining the instrument panel, customizable instruments etc etc are hot. This is what has me leaning slightly in favor of the R/T. On paper the Veloster is really the better choice (Turbo, Price, Warranty and quality) but it's really hard to ignore the beautiful interior and features of the R/T. The Veloster's interior, in my opinion, is lagging behind the R/T's big time. Again, just my opinion, but I think anyone here that looks through the pics of the R/T's interior and features will be greatly impressed.

In regards to the exterior, I'm going to have to see the R/T in person to really be able to absorb the aesthetics and lines. If it just doesn't flow my decision will be easy, but if it does and it has an aggressive look and nice lines I will be faced with a very hard decision.

My question is this. If you were in my position and the R/T's exterior looked great to you, what would you choose? Looks go a long way in my book, actually they are everything lol, but if there is an argument to chose one over the other I want to hear it.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
The Dodge Dart is definitely a step up for Dodge, I will agree there.. but I find the engine technology to still seem somewhat behind the curve. I think having the better fuel economy, quicker acceleration, longer warranty, and comparable price to give the Hyundai a huge edge. But the Dart is a good looking car. 2013 certainly is the year for inexpensive, exciting cars.

I would still want to see everything in person, things like hard plastics always bothered me. And while for the price, I don't expect either to have the greatest materials, both look fantastic. I always thought the 350z had beautiful interior.. until I owned one, and realized just how cheap it was.. not to mention all the squeaks and rattles, :)

#3 ·
Great points!! We were just talking about this earlier, until you actually get to physically interact with it you just never know. For example, in my opinion, pics of the Veloster are nice. Not "Wow!" but when I saw one in a parking lot I was like "Wow!" thats nice lol. Pics sometimes don't do things justice, and vice versa, pics can be very deceiving.

Attachments

#4 ·
I have looked at the Dart as a potential option for my next vehicle too. I agree with you, the interior is very attractive. But after quite a bit of comparing to the VT, I realized that the interior is really the only thing going for the Dart. The VT seemed better in almost every other category. The VT has better MPG's, HP, Torque, Warranty and is roughly 300lbs lighter.

#5 ·
I'm going to have to agree with Sky on this one. I think the Veloster Turbo would be the way to good. I would test drive bough though and see how they compare in the drivers seat. I haven't had a chance to check out the Veloster's interior in person so I can't really comment how good it is. Looking at Dodge's website the RT's interior does look pimp!

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks for your input guys! Like I said earlier and I have to agre the VT is really the better overall choice. Warranty and MPG's plays a huge factor in any decision when buying a vehicle and between these two the Hyundai beats it hands down. My dad won't be too happy with my decision (He worked for Chrysler his whole life) lol but I'm sure he would agree. Pay it off in a few years and still have 7 years left on the warranty..bonus!! An all blacked out R/T would be pretty slick though.

Dascrow the Velosters interior is nothing to write home about. It's not ugly or anything but its just kind of there if you know what I mean.......

I'll tell you one thing though, it's great to see Hyundai becoming a major player in the auto industry.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.