Veloster Turbo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
With that P0234 first thing I would do is change out the waste gate solenoid or better known as the electronic boost control solenoid. I just did a write up on what it did for me. I definitely had a bad one.
which solenoid did you end up going with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thats your stock one for a 2016.
boost solenoid.JPG

It is still the control solenoid used for 2017+ 1.6 TCI/GDI engines in the Elantra.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thats your stock one for a 2016.
View attachment 94506

It is still the control solenoid used for 2017+ 1.6 TCI/GDI engines in the Elantra.
he used the stock solenoid when getting the overboost?

I current have an aftermarket boost solenoid and get overboost when in WOT everytime now. I have to get a tune to target my boost higher so this stops happening.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hell if i know! All I do know is the stock solenoid is as posted above and hasnt changed yet.
changed back to me stock solenoid and no issued

·
Registered
303 Posts
I popped a P0234 today. The car went into a weird mode but was still driveable. Cleared the code and the car is back to normal. I attribute it to the 5°f temperatures this morning perhaps... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,447 Posts
I popped a P0234 today. The car went into a weird mode but was still driveable. Cleared the code and the car is back to normal. I attribute it to the 5°f temperatures this morning perhaps... fingers crossed.
Once you have a tune the possible cause of this CEL increases.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had this exact same code on my 2014 VT with 80,000kms. Dealer replaced turbo pressure sensor, got the car back and the code came back on. Took it back in and they figured it was a fuel pump issue, so they replaced the fuel pump and still nothing. Long story short they noticed the turbo was leaking oil and there was shaft play in the turbine. Replaced the turbo and the car is back to normal and like new again. Hope you have warranty!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this happen to me today, but only once. Was driving a canyon road (not super hard, but having a good time) suddenly went into limp mode. High revs, no speed increase like op said. Parked, looked around for any hoses or anything obvious. Nothing. Turned off the car, scanner found over boost code in pending codes. Cleared the code, started the car and she drove okay for the rest of the day. Doesn't seem like anything broke, did a fuel line kink for a bit and scared the car into limp mode or something? Not really sure where else to look considering the issue hasn't come back. Also, no mods and no CEL. Only knew about the code cause I looked for it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts