Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, somewhat new owner of a 2013 Veloster turbo here. I have an intake, catted downpipe, exhaust, intercooler resonator delete (Like the Tork pipe), getting ready for a tune. I Noticed since I bought the car the well known stutter in power delivery under hard acceleration and loss of boost and some interesting noises coming from the intake. Decided to pull the stock BPV noticed a few things. Some small tears in the diaphragm and Under the valve adapter plate the O-ring was way to big and wasn't even seated in the groove it belonged in. attached is a picture of what looks like oil on top of the intercooler cause by what I'm assuming was a bad seal between the adapter/spacer plate and the top of the IC but I don't know for sure. Anyway here is what I did and was hoping for a discussion on what I've done to remedy this until my BOV comes in.

Removed the Stock BPV and Adapter Plate and cleaned everything
Replaced O ring with one the correct size
Used a small amount of flexible adhesive made for soft plastics and rubbers to repair 2 small tears
Removed plastic piece inside spacer blowoff noise sounds more raw and metallic I like it
Reassembled it and my problems for now are completely gone for a little over a month now.
Anyone know what the buildup on top of the IC is?

P.S. This is my first ever post on any forum every so hopefully its in the right place and I did see other threads about similar issues but they where old wasn't sure if I should revive an old thread and I couldn't find one where someone tried to repair it. Thanks in advance for everyone's
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood Automotive exterior
input!

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,653 Posts
Best option is buying a new part and maintain it properly. The O-ring rarely fail unless they have been removed and improperly installed. If one fails then buying a new one is the best option. The buildup is blowby from the engine due to poor management.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
Yeah - clean it up and replace the valve :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Best option is buying a new part and maintain it properly. The O-ring rarely fail unless they have been removed and improperly installed. If one fails then buying a new one is the best option. The buildup is blowby from the engine due to poor management.
Interesting, when I took it off it seems they did reinstall it with the wrong O ring then and a new valve it is then for me. Now I have to figure out what types of poor maintenance has been going on from previous owners to cause the buildup, maybe catch cans are in order?

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,653 Posts
Past maintenance does not matter at this point. Just do things right from here on out to prevent further damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts